Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select List Box Item
I am able to get the count of items in a list box using GetListViewItemText. I am able to the text of any items in the list box. The problem is, I am having a difficult time selecting the item :lol:

For example, the list box contains 20 items. I am able to get the name of the 16th item, but not able to select it. I have tried LB_SelectString to select the actual string and I have also tried LB_SelectItem using the index number, but it's not working.

Help please.
There are two different types of list controls. Controls that have ListBox classname (simple listboxes) and controls that have SysListView32 classname (like in Windows Explorer). LB_x functions work only with ListBox controls. GetListViewItemText works only with SysListView32.

Use accessible object functions instead. There are dialogs in the floating toolbar.
Ahhhh ok, yes it is SysListView32. Thank you so much!
If the item is from items 1-10, acc finds it. But any item after that, which are not showing on the screen, I am getting an object not found.
In the "Find accessible object" dialog, click Options and check Invisible.
Im getting Error (RT) in Macro: the point is outside the window

Sad
Ok nevermind, I got it working :wink:

Thank youuuuuuu!
Cry Now it is selecting the item in the lisbox, problem is, I can't use 'Y to press the enter key or do mouse action because it does not show on the screen Tongue

What to do next so I can click on the item?
To click, use a.DoDefaultAction.

a.Select(3); key Y

also works for me. To use mouse, need to scroll into view. It is possible but not easy.
Mouse or Keyboard does not work unless the object is showing on the screen. I also tried DoDefaultAction, didn't work as well. So the work around I was able to think of was to use:

Code:
Copy      Help
rep xIndex
    'D
'Y

It takes forever sometimes because the list box can contain up to 500 items. So you can just imagine if I would like to jump to item 300 Tongue

Ohhhh I have a headache
Try MouseWheel.

Code:
Copy      Help
act child("" "SysListView32")
key CH
MouseWheel -a.elem/3+1

Here 3 is the number of lines scrolled by single wheel tick. It may be different on your computer. 3 is default setting.
Wow, so much faster than my rep 'D :lol:

Good morningggggggg!

Thank you so much.
Maybe this is too much, but would you kindly please explain what MouseWheel -a.elem/3+1 means? I pressed F1 on MouseWheel and there was not any explantion :lol:

When it hits the last item on the list, it just keeps on scrolling. Maybe I can make modifications if I knew what it mean.

Thank you.