Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM sometimes grabs mouse focus and blocks the keyboard
Sometimes QM grabs the mouse focus and all clicks and wheels seem to affect only the QM app window. When I get in to this situation I cannot even type anything in at any other app. All I can do is to then reset the computer.

This happens while I am messing around with the CTL mouse wheel forward thing I have been working on.

avraham
Don't use BlockInput if the trigger includes mouse click. If you release the mouse button while the input is blocked, the system is unaware about that, and begins to behave strangely. Use BlockInput only with mouse wheel triggers, where click is not involved.

Sometimes it is also possible that modifier keys are not released. Press shortly them all.
Gintaras Wrote:Don't use BlockInput if the trigger includes mouse click. If you release the mouse button while the input is blocked, the system is unaware about that, and begins to behave strangely. Use BlockInput only with mouse wheel triggers, where click is not involved.

Sometimes it is also possible that modifier keys are not released. Press shortly them all.

>> Use BlockInput only with mouse wheel triggers, where click is not involved.
I was using BlockInput only the immediate issue you+me were working on right then, i.e., mouse wheel + CTL click down. Do you mean if we use CTL click down then we should not use BlockInput? But that was teh code you wrote for me.

>> Sometimes it is also possible that modifier keys are not released. Press shortly them all.[/quote]
Ok.

thanks,

avraham
Quote:mouse wheel + CTL click down

If you want to click the wheel, use "middle button" trigger, not wheel trigger.