Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window Triggers
I am using a function that triggers from a window creation. I am using Created & Visible. The problem is, on my laptop, it does not work most of the time. Sometimes, this window is behind another window. I am using exact window name too, hoping that would help. I never had any problems with my desktop though.

I am just wondering why the trigger does not work all the time on my laptop. Is it because it's LCD?

Thank you.
Of course not because it is LCD.

What is window class and name?

Right click QM output pane and select "Clear". Then right click again and select "Log window events". Then try to open that window. What is displayed in the output when the trigger fails?
created 918666 "#97220" "Your Selection"

Your Selection is my Window Name
#97220 is my Class
I am using Created and Visible

sometimes, it is not visible, it hides behind another window, is that the problem? I tried to focus on the window before doing anything else, but no luck.
Only "created"? Normally, when a visible window is created, several events occur. For example:

created 1968312 "Notepad" ""
name 1968312 "Notepad" "Untitled - Notepad"
visible 1968312 "Notepad" "Untitled - Notepad"
active 1968312 "Notepad" "Untitled - Notepad"

I don't know why QM does not receive "visible" event in this case.
Oh yes, it did created and visible, then I stopped it.

Did I do anything wrong?
Hello Gintaras:

Any idea on this yet? Also I would like to know what is the first set of numbers in the colum? e.g. created 1968312 "Notepad "Untitled - Notepad" ---- the numbers after created? Am I right to assume that the second number is the class? and the 3rd is the window name?

Thanks
event handle class name

When you see the same handle in several lines, you can be sure that it is the same window, even if its name changes or there are several similar windows.

It is all I can help you now.