Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
low-level trigger
I need to enable low-level keyboard hooks when MS OneNote is active so I can use my triggers etc. but turn it off when it is not active.

is that possible to do such a quick switch?
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
No. Would need to automate the UI way.
Or use QM3 triggers in apps where non-LL hooks don't work. QM3 triggers use low-level hooks. Supports program scope. Both programs can run simultaneously.

https://www.quickmacros.com/au/help/
@Gintaras could you please clarify what you meant by "the UI way" and "QM3 triggers"? 

I took a look at the link you provided, but couldn't connect the dots..

My QM macros stopped working with the new updated MS OneNote (which shipped sometime end of last year, I think), and it really breaks my workflow. Would really appreciate the help to figure this out, thank you!

For additional context, I am using "Keyboard_Detector" to map keys on my two separate numpad keyboards to macros, and it works great everywhere except for the new MS OneNote, which eats all keyboard triggers when in focus (since my low-level keyboard hooks are off in QM).
The UI way. Run this macro to toggle low level keyboard hook.

Macro ToggleLowLevelHook

Code:
Copy      Help
spe 1
men 2007 _hwndqm
int w=wait(5 WV win("Options" "#32770"))
act w
key CT TTV Y

Keyboard_Detector won't work with OneNote. An alternative would be to create triggers for it in another program similar to QM; let they invoke QM2 macros, for example through command line or SendMessage. One such program is QM3. To add a trigger, use menu TT -> Edit hotkey triggers. Then I could help to create code to invoke QM2 macros or to convert some small macros to C#.