Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coordinates in macro wrong - macro stopped working
So I had a macro which was running fine for months.

I upgraded to v 2.4.12.2 and now all the window coordinates are wrong as the clicks no longer match the areas and buttons on the screen.

How do I get the macro coordinates working on the original coordinates please without re writing the macro with new coordinates?

It may not be the upgrade which caused the issue - I resized the QM window but surely the screen coordinates should stay the same as I did not change my screen resolution and the clicks occur in a website displayed in Chrome which was not resized

I noticed that if I change the screen resolution (and change dpi compatibility mode in qm.exe properties) the clicks on Chrome work but not on Excel.
chrome
However, I did notice after I upgraded the QM window and text appear top be sharper and higher resolution?!

Thank for your help
If QM window content now is sharper, probably in previous version QM was DPI-scaled by OS and therefore QM used wrong coordinates everywhere (OS gives wrong coordinates when scaled). Normally it shouldn't be scaled, but it could be scaled if some toolbar was on an OS-scaled window. In 2.4.11 this has been fixed and now QM should use correct coordinates. Then will need to update coordinates in macros.

Another possible reason - changed screen DPI (Windows Settings -> Display -> Scale and layout %). Then Chrome text etc is bigger or smaller, and will need to update coordinates in macros.
Thanks Gintaras.  I think I am just going to have rewrite all the coordinates :-(