Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way for QM remote interaction?
At the moment i use this script that allows me to control my pc with siri voice control by triggering gmail notes.
These notes are read by a python script on my PC that launches modules. These modules actually only launch bat files who launch the macros who do the magic.
I used this workaround because i couldn't find another way to make it work and hey, its pretty cool. But it could be better and im sure this is just crappy
because of my bad programming skills.

One problem is, that the method described doesn't update reliably because of Gmail (that may thinks im a bot).
Another problem is, that i need to use macros to "answer" via telegram if the command or macro launched successfully.
So i always switch between gmail notes or siri voicecommands and telegram. It would be so cool if everything happens in Telegram!

I got a telegram bot (only created it but it has no function) and I dont know how to set it up correctly. I think it should be pretty simple for someone with programming skills
because i only want my bot to pass input and output from telegram to qm and vice versa. This could even happen with a simple textfile and a python bot like this one:
https://github.com/python-telegram-bot/p...legram-bot

If i tell him "open cmd" for instance, it should launch a qm function that searches for a macro with that name and launch it.
And this macro launches cmd and if successfull, the telegram bot shoud answer something like "cmd launched".

Can someone help me setting up the bot and point me in the right direction how to make it work in qm?
Or do you even have a better, easier to use and more secure idea?

Else i need to use the crappy workaround i threw together for the rest of my life or until someone hacks my gmail and sets my PC on fire. Big Grin
For remote interaction between two computers can be used TCP/IP (server on the QM computer and client on other computer), for example with TcpSocket class. If Siri can work as a TCP/IP client (or run a TCP/IP client app)... But here I cannot help. I also cannot help with Telegram.