Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deploy
I just download a demo of the application and have a question before I start programming.

I want to build some custom macro to enter text into a program text field (maybe even launch the program too) but they are users in a call center and I don't want to install the whole application or have them have the ability to edit the code or mess with the finished product.

Does the application allow me to 'deploy' a finished macro package to a users machine?

Thanks much!

Jim Pennington
QM allows to deploy macros to other computers, but QM must be installed and running on that computers.

First method - use NetSendMacro and net. Read QM Help, net. Example:

Code:
Copy      Help
;send and run function Function7 on Computer3
str c("Computer3") p("p765") m("Function7")
if(NetSendMacro(c p m)) end "could not send"
if(net(c p m)) end "could not launch"

Second method - use shared file. This method allows to easily share macros with other computers, but not to launch them. Create a folder in your main list of macros. Add shared macros there. Whenever you add/remove/edit macros in the folder, export the folder to a file (QM macro list file, .qml) on your computer. The file must be accessible by other computers (recommended read-only access). On each other computer, import the file as shared file. They will be able to use macros from the file, but not to edit. QM on each computer can be configured to auto reload the file when changes are detected. However, reloading is not immediate, although there is possibility to reload immediately (using the net command, run a macro that would reload current file using shutdown -5).