Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recieving raw input
Gintaras, you stated this in an earlier post:
Quote:Recently I experimented with Windows raw input functions. QM can receive raw input, but cannot "Eat" raw input events. I will experiment with it more and maybe include raw input trigger in QM 2.1.8.
I use a logitech cordless keyboard and mouse. The mouse has an extra button and the keyboard has a few extra keys. At the moment I use the included Logitech driver/software to convert the extra keys into "keystrokes" which trigger macros. It works, but it'd be more efficient and flexible to skip a step. Are these keys considered "raw" input? If so that's great and don't waste time helping me now. I'll wait how ever long for QM 2.1.8. If not, can I catch them using QM? Thanks a million.
Matt B
If these keys and buttons without driver software generate keyboard or mouse messages with standard codes, then normal triggers can be set. If no, possibly they can be intercepted as raw input messages. However, these messages probably will not give key codes (will give 0), and therefore are useless.

To experiment, download and import Keyboard Detector from forum\resources. In Keyboard_Detector, after case RIM_TYPEKEYBOARD insert out raw.keyboard.VKey. After case RIM_TYPEMOUSE insert out raw.mouse.ulButtons. If Keyboard_Detector is running, Save. If not, run Keyboard_Detector two times, check both checkboxes. See what codes are displayed in the output when you pres these keys or buttons.