Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download Daily Historical Files Using Chrome?
I dont know if this is possible. I tried to record what I manually do but nothing happened so maybe what I want to do is not supported, but I figured I would ask anyway.

I have to download a file per day, for every day of the year 2015, for preparing my taxes. The manual process is this:

1) go to Bodis.com and log in if not already logged in. The cookie lasts 30 days so once I log in I am good.
2) Navigate to reports
3) Click on the month and year from a data table (starting with January 2015)
4) Click on the date (January 01, 2015)
5) Click Export (Export Report dialog box appears with settings)
6) Click Export (on the Export Report dialog box)
7) Choose Directory on my local PC
8 ) At this point I need to click on a button called "Custom Period" and navigate a calendar to Feb 2, 2015 for start and again for finish date.
9) repeat step 5-8 incrementing the date by one day.

done.

Is this possible using Quick Macros?

Thanks,
Anthony
Possible. But difficult to help you because I need to have account (they ask for my phone number...) and data.

To automate Chrome use accessible object functions. Floating toolbar -> Windows, controls -> Find accessible object...
If not familiar with QM accessible object functions, at first experiment with them in simpler windows and dialogs, because in web browsers it is more difficult, eg often need to wait for the object.
Thank you for the reply! I thought it might be difficult to assist due to the need for a login/password to my account. I will look into the suggestions and advice you've provided. Thank you very much! I will post back with other questions and hopefully success!