Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
msg with "-" problem on Win 10 system
Morning, and a qwk. ?

Just updated my laptop & desktop to W-10 and some of my macros w. "msg-" now fail. NOTE, I do have your latest version! Note as well, that the VM that I actually do my development on is a Win-8.1 desktop and everything works OK there. On the Win-10 systems, IF I remove the "-" THEN the macros performs OK.

Something I need to know here?

Thank You AGAIN!

Kent
Please post a simple macro with mes- and comments how it should work and how it now works/fails on Windows 10.
Gintaras, morning on this side of the globe!

Just reviewed and see that the "-" does not work w. ONLY the "ok" button. The funny or interesting thing is that it behaves differently on my pre-Win-10 computer(s) than on Win's 10???
I'll try to work this out on my end AGAIN and if I run into a road block, I will return to this post.
THANKS!
Kent
Gintaras, my BIG FAT BAD! (mistake!!! on my part)
It made no sense THAT the rule for "msg w. a '-' " would act differently on a W-10 and W-8.1 computer.
Sorry for wasting your time!!!

THE CULPRIT = I just figured what ACTUALLY happened per my upgrade to Windows 10 on 2 systems = my Syncplicty folders did not sync my 'ini' files, EVEN THOUGH they are clearly marked on both computers as 'actively sync'. I had to 'remove & recreate' the sync. Has nothing to do w. QM. Sorry that my 1st thought was that the failure was on QM's part. (ha!)

Sorry again = I ALWAYS HATE wasting a persons time!!!!

Kent