Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Frequent crashes and a few missing UI features.
Hi Gintaras,

I've noticed my quickmacros has been crashing a lot lately ever since I upgraded to the latest version and worse of all, it occasionally hangs my computer during the crash. I've lost data multiple times. Is it just me?

Also, could you please bring back:
● the sort items ability so I can sort my list macros?
● the file name system to the scan feature. I see a preview but I can't rename the image file
● and finding accessible objects used to automatically go back to the QM dialog after I press shift, now I have to manually do it.

Thanks for reading. Still a fan.
If using version 2.4.3.4, 5 or 6, please upgrade to 2.4.3.7.
If using 2.4.3.7, please email me the crash dump file, if possible. When crashes, in most cases QM shows a crash dump message box that can open its folder.

-----
Sorting - cannot bring it back, sorry.
scan image renaming - open the Resources dialog directly from QM window, not from "Find image" dialog. Then click the image link and Rename.
Find acc object and Shift - yes I see, will fix it.
Dear Gin,

I have also missed the sort utility, available in older QM versions. However, I must admit that recent versions have much more abilities. I attach herewith a macro I wrote (QM_Items_Sort_Alpha) to list qm items in a folder. Although slow, it works reliably. Furthermore, sorting is not used everyday. I you envisage difficulties in localizing my functions, which are written for my personal use, I will be happy to assist. Regards. Simos.

Attached Files
.qml   SortQMFolder.qml (Size: 13 KB / Downloads: 322)
Thanks for the tips Gintaras.

Thanks for the sorting macro, ssimop. How do I use it?
Hi ssimop,
In your "SortQMFolder" utility, there is one missing function called "Get_MacroName" which is called in "Get_MacroPath2" (line 13).
Could you post that function, too?
Thanks in advance,
Hi Gin,
You may trigger QM_Items_Sort_Alpha using a keyboard shortcut, or you may use a button running it in one of QM editor toolbars.

Hi Start_Learning,
Thanks for your comment regarding the missing function. I have already updated the uploaded file. I hope it is now OK. I am growing-up still learning...
Hi ssimop,
Thanks for your quick response, I've still found out some more missing functions as thing get progress:

Get_MacroName2:
Task_Message line 50, line 57
BeeS line 56

QM_Items_InFolder_Alpha2:
_i=sfol.IsQMFolder line 30

if isor
unsrt.Sort(1) line 56
else
unsrt.Sort line 58
Thank you for your interest.

1. beeS is used in the place of intrinsic function bee, when the PC does not have a PC speaker. You may use bee. However, I attach beeS.

2. I attach other functions requested.

Attached Files
.qml   beeS.qml (Size: 4 KB / Downloads: 329)
.qml   str.IsQMFolder.qml (Size: 3 KB / Downloads: 325)
.qml   Task_Message.qml (Size: 6 KB / Downloads: 314)
.qml   sort str.qml (Size: 9 KB / Downloads: 315)
Thanks for your new functions.
I've found these undefined variables in "Task_Message" function:

TMtext=text (line 44)
TaskM=iif(font_handle=0 0 font_handle+1) (line 70)
sw_task=0 (line 80)
mac "Task_Message_Monitor" (line 135)

BeeS:
mac "Warning_QM" si 0 (line 30)

Once again thanks a lot for your response. My main purpose is to make sure your utility could run as expected.

Last but not least, throughout your functions I saw you often use this variables but don't know where it came from:
if ideb; min 0; err out "<>%s : <open ''%s /%i''>%s</open> - Called by : %s" NowT si _error.place si caller

I guess it may be for debugging purpose only, but for right now I have to comment it out since I don't know how to define/get this variable.
You are absolutely right. Variable ideb is being set ad-hoc, for debugging purposes. I will send information for other variables, not obviously defined, as soon as possible. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Actually, I write software for my personal use. Several times, after a while, I forget variables and procedures, since I do not have the time to write documentation. I am now using about 4500 qm-items I have written, even for data collection and processing in real-time applications. I sent this useful sort function, to give a general idea of how one can write his own function. I wish all the best to your attempts.
Yeap, by looking at your utility I could guess you are a hardcore developer.
You might wrote a lot of tools and utilities using QM.
Me too, I've wrote some but just about a dozen or so only. :-)
And they all for my personal use too.
Have a good morning Start_Learning,

Let me supply the information requested. Please do not hesitate to ask further questions. I am sorry that my contribution is not documented. Best regards.

TMtext : str+ defined in init2, used to stote qm-item "Task_Message" to be available later in other qm-items. Not important.

TaskM : int+ defined in init2, "Task_Message" handle, to be available in qm-items. Not important.

sw_task : int+ defiled in init2, used in "Task_Message". Not important.

Task_Message_Monitor attached

Warning_QM : general purpose function to signal warnings in both qm-output and system tray. You may skip it. Attached.

Attached Files
.qml   Task_Message_Monitor.qml (Size: 3 KB / Downloads: 326)
.qml   Warning_QM.qml (Size: 5 KB / Downloads: 319)
Hi ssimop,

Thank you for a thoughrough explaination of which tools needed or not.
I can confirm that I could run your tool to sort QM folder as you have mentioned.
It's pretty amazing to see it in action, even though it's not fast enough but like you said, this tool is only used once in a while so why bother. Big Grin
Again thanks a lot for a wonderful tool and all your efforts to make it work as expected.

Best Regards,

Start_Learning
Sorry, I totally forgot about this thread. :oops: Thanks for the help!