Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulties in loading QM2.4.3.1
Dear Gintaras,
Congratulations for this new release 2.4.3. An excellent software product is further improved and enriched with useful items.
I have installed the new version on my XP-SP3 systems. Nevertheless,the new version although loaded (Task Manager shows qm.exe) does not start the init2 item, and no indication is shown at system tray. Finally I succeeded, after ending qm.exe process with the task manager and trying several times to run "C:\Program Files\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe". Let me also ask you about the role and the operation qmserv.exe. As a matter of fact I do not find it always in Task Manager.
Many thanks, Best regards.
Dear Gintaras, I am sorry for disturbing again. I have just found that there exists some incompatibility in my QM init2 startup-file due to the new version. I emptied it and everything works OK. If I will find something useful for other users I will report it here.
What were the incompatibilities?
You aren't the only one found out, the qm.exe process is running but no qm popup screen. In my case, even if I taskkill the qm process, and run it again, it still won't run.

But the funny thing is qm 2.4.3.0 works fine for me. Is there any difference between qm 2.4.3.0 and qm 2.4.3.1?

Thank you.
qmserv.exe - its main purpose is to run QM with various UAC integrity levels without a UAC consent dialog etc. More info - search this forum.
Something changed in startup code.

And no tray icon?
Thank you for your communications. In my case there was no QM icon in system tray. Actually, I located the problem in the following item which runs when QM is loaded. I disabled it, there is no problem. The problem is probably due to some incompatibility related to the detection of keyboard layout. I will report any further findings.

Function QM_Show
Trigger @16     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
str si.getmacro(getopt(itemid) 1)
str caller.getmacro(getopt(itemid 1) 1);err    caller=si
if ideb; min 0; err out "<>%s : <open ''%s /%i''>%s</open> - Called by : %s" NowT si _error.place si caller

int l=GetKeyboardLayout(GetWindowThreadProcessId(_hwndqm 0))
int lo=l&0xffff
str lan
lan=iif(lo=1033 "English" "Greek")
_s=lan

min 0; err out "<>%s : <open ''%s /%i''>%s</open> - %s" NowT si _error.place si _s

if lo=1032
,English_keyboard
,l=GetKeyboardLayout(GetWindowThreadProcessId(_hwndqm 0))
,lo=l&0xffff
,lan=iif(lo=1033 "English" "Greek")
,_s.from("QM-Shift to : " lan)
,min 0; err out "<>%s : <open ''%s /%i''>%s</open> - %s" NowT si _error.place si _s
int w1=win("MYMAIN TOOLBAR LEFT OR RIGHT2" "QM_toolbar")
ifi(w1); siz 0 0 w1 1  ;;clo w1

;w1=win("Desktop Clock" "TForm_DesktopClock")
;ifi(w1); hid w1

;if lo=1032
;;,mes "Greek" "Show"
,;int px(xm) py(ym)
,;mou 2 2
,;lef
,;mou px py
;mes "Show"
newuser Wrote:You aren't the only one found out, the qm.exe process is running but no qm popup screen. In my case, even if I taskkill the qm process, and run it again, it still won't run.

But the funny thing is qm 2.4.3.0 works fine for me. Is there any difference between qm 2.4.3.0 and qm 2.4.3.1?

Thank you.

Try to: press F8, start QM, release F8. QM should run in safe mode. Then clear your init2 function and restart QM.
Thank you. I am aware of this procedure, but I try to find out what actually happens. The funny thing is that if my keyboard is shifted to Greek QM starts without any problem. I will report the findings of my investigation.
Quote:I have just found that there exists some incompatibility in my QM init2 startup-file due to the new version. I emptied it and everything works OK.

But your posted function has trigger "QM show". Does init2 function unhide QM window?
Let me explain more explicitly what I did :

1. Loading QM-new version was intermittent. Actually, I had to try several times (3-7) to succeed.

2. I deleted my qm file and then QM-new version was loaded consequently.

3. I deleted the content of my QM file and QM-new version was loaded consequently.

4. I restored my QM file but I disabled QM-Show and QM-new version was loaded consequently.

5. QM_Show deals with my keyboard layout (english-greek). It is worth mentioning (found empirically) that when I start loading QM with the keyboard in greek it is loaded consequently. Not with the keyboard in english. I am using QM_Show without any problem at all, through various QM versions, for 9 years now.

I will be pleased to supply any further information.

Thank you for your attention.
If Greek keyboard, probably executes this code:
if lo=1032
,English_keyboard
,l=GetKeyboardLayout(GetWindowThreadProcessId(_hwndqm 0))
,lo=l&0xffff
,lan=iif(lo=1033 "English" "Greek")
,_s.from("QM-Shift to : " lan)
,min 0; err out "<>%s : <open ''%s /%i''>%s</open> - %s" NowT si _error.place si _s

What's in English_keyboard?
Do nothing. The purpose of this routine is to start QM always with elnglish keyboard, even if the keyboard was forgotten to its greek layout, just before starting QM.
Dear Gintaras,
Thank you very much indeed for the new beta 2.4.3.2 ! It is installed, loaded and operated perfectly, even in systems running XP. I will keep testing and reporting if necessary. Congratulations once more. Best regards.
Thank you. I am happy to hear it. I could not reproduce the starting difficulties, but changed something in two suspected code parts.
Dear Gintaras,

I have noticed that QM-output displays messages looking like :
Quote:1
n EH skipped: 1

I have checked thoroughly and I concluded that it is not produced by any of my codes. I loaded back QM2.4.2, it disppeared, and consequently I was convinced it is due to QM2.4.3.2. I have no problem at all, but I report it just in case it means something to you. Thanks for your attention.
Thank you. Some QM debug code was not removed.