Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short form of another + best way to trigger when a window
I am using comfortkeys software alongside quickmacros and I use comfortkeys for quickly pasting large texts by short text triggers. I use this short text for insertion of long date - 'q2q', by using comfort keys. now I want to make a macro with qm that whenever a particular window (a download manager add window it is) appears, on adding a download from browser, then automatically, qm sends this -

1. Not the simple 3 letters - q2q, but rather pressing of keys q2q in a way that the comfortkeys long date is put into the add window description field. + this longdate text insertion followed by the simple text - ' - the url is : - .com' (i tried with code - '" the url is : - .com", but its very slow + errorfull, maybe because of some other characters.

2. Also tell me the best way of automatically performing a macro, which triggers by occurence of a frequent window like adding a download. I am confused by the many different options like 'created & active', 'created & visible' etc. in the item properties -> trigger as window. So what should I choose as the trigger for my automatic insertion of qm text - whenever frequently the add download window of download manager appears - 'created & active' or should I use - 'created & visible', or is there something better too. Consider the parameters (title, class)of this frequent window as - ("Add new download" "#32770")

Please tell for above 2 things, in the same macro. Thanks.
key "q2q"
wait 0.5
key " - the url is : - .com" ;;or replace key with paste

If the new window becomes active, choose 'created & active'.
Else if the new window becomes just visible, choose 'created & visible'.
Else if it is not a new window (the program hides/unhides the same window), choose 'visible'.
Ok. I made a new macro with hotkey assigned F4 and put the code -
Code:
Copy      Help
key "q2q"
wait 0.5
key " - the url is : - .com"
its working fine.
But I used a similar code to put in a autotext list with that appears when I press keys - 'SFSF'. The code is -
Code:
Copy      Help
SFSF :key "site:tomshardware.com"  ;;GSEARCH - site tomshardware
SFSF :'"Thanks mate"  ;;Thanks
But when I use select this tomshardware one in my firefox google search box, it gives very strange results. Sometimes it writes - sit:tomshardware.com then erases com, then pauses for like 1 second then adds site - so that it looks - sit:tomshardware.site. And this is for 1st time, the other time it does something else and the output looks a little different than above. Note the sit: produced instead of site: and the strange pause of 1second like even after the text - sit:tomshardware has been produced. The line at to of the autotext list is - /b/i/c/. Please help what is the error.

2. Also, the short text trigger sfsf only activates when I have pressed a space before writing sfsf, but I have many triggers like this I want to use that should trigger even when there is no space or other similar main keys pressed before the short triggers, and want them to trigger even when they appear when writing continously in a line. (this feature is available in autohotkey though, to trigger even when writing in continous line). So how to get this done in quickmacro autotext lists ?

Thanks a lot.
1. Probably QM interferes with another similar running program, for example comfortkeys or phrase express or autohotkey. On my computer this autotext works well.
2. This is unavailable in QM. Press a non-text key or click before.