Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
letter 'e' not sending
I am finding with QM v2.4 that the letter 'e' is not sending. Eg: key "Shakespeare" outputs as "Shakspar". It works fine in v2.3 so I have had to roll back for now. Any way to fix this?
works fine for me in qm version 2.4.0.3
In all windows?
Maybe some other program steals the key.
Or some QM trigger, autotext, user-defined hook, etc, although shouldn't. Try to create new empty QM file and test there.
Yes, problem is in all windows so far tested - Notepad, Keepass password field etc.

Re-installed 2.4 again - same problem. Back to 2.3 again - all is fine. This is on a Win7 x64 laptop.

On another laptop (Win7 x32) also exactly the same problem with 2.4. No e's. Rolling back to 2.3 - again, no problem.

Tested with a new empty QM file in 2.4 as suggested - still the same problem.

There are surely similarities in the configurations of my two computers, but this seems to be an issue of v2.4 vs 2.3.
I guess there's something in my configuration that v2.4 doesn't like. It's very odd. I'll keep experimenting.
Try to uninstall/install QM.

How without quotes?
key Sshakespeare

How this?
Code:
Copy      Help
keybd_event 'E' 0 0 0
keybd_event 'E' 0 KEYEVENTF_KEYUP 0
Thanks for the suggestion but still no e's.
Also still no e's without the quotes.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both machines - problem persists.

I've just noticed something. The following macro outputs "Shakspar" in v2.4 (and "Shakespeare" in v2.3):

Code:
Copy      Help
run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"
key "Shakespeare"

But this single-line macro, when triggered within any program (such as Notepad), outputs correctly as "Shakespeare" in both 2.3 and 2.4:

Code:
Copy      Help
key "Shakespeare"
Look in Options -> Hotkeys. What is hotkey of 'End macro'? I found that QM "eats" the key even if it is sent by a macro, it is a bug in this QM version.
Yes, that was the problem. My End Macro hotkey was indeed "E". I had forgotten about that. I have changed the hotkey and now my e's are outputting okay.

Thanks for your help.