Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] find acc object error - point not on screen/window
Hi,

I make find acc object to work by first find a piece of text that is close to the acc object that I'm looking for.

However, this latest project (a webpage) has no such text to find so I get the error "point no on screen" (or window) because the acc object is not visible on the screen without scrolling there.

Is there a work around for this?

Can I make find accessible object search a page --> if nothing found then --> page down, and search again....Repeat until finds acc object or reaches end of website.

Thanks.
Have you tried changing the acc search settings? check +invisible, in web page, in reverse order?

usually if i have it search invisible will find objects not in view
this example i used yahoo.com it was the last news link on the page.works np
acc search settings(in web page,+invisible, in reverse order)

Function Function10
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=wait(3 WV win("Yahoo - Mozilla Firefox" "Mozilla*WindowClass" "" 0x4))
Acc a.FindFF(w "A" "Samsung crushed Apple and others with 300 million smartphones shipped in 2013" "href=''http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AnhrDdIqndhZEU6gBZJwon.bvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTNvcm1nNTcwBGJwb3MDMQRjY29kZQNnYQRjcG9zAzE3MgRjdAMxBGcDMGZiMzNmMzQtODYzMS0zODdkLWJkN2YtY2FmOWQxYmViNTc3BGludGwDdXMEcGtndAM0BHBvcwMxBHNlYwN0ZC1zdHJtBHNsawN0aXRsZQR0ZXN0AzkwMQ--/RV=1/RE=1392135464/RH=aHNyZC55YWhvby5jb20-/RO=2/RU=aHR0cDovL25ld3MueWFob28uY29tL3NhbXN1bmctY3J1c2hlZC1hcHBsZS1vdGhlcnMtMzAwLW1pbGxpb24tc21hcnRwaG9uZXMtc2hpcHBlZC0xMzIwMDYzOTUuaHRtbA--/RS=^ADAdTj.SNgwNb_UuOK3fXdbEBOBias-''" 0x1085 3)
a.DoDefaultAction
Thanks for replying, Kevin.

I tried it and it works for links (at least the one I tested - a news article), but it won't work for something like the "view 32 more" load more comments button near the bottom of the facebook comments.

Example at http://www.buzzfeed.com/mackenziekruvan ... he-grammys

I'm guessing it's the javascript? I CAN identity it, but I still need to scroll there to make the object visible.

So far, I've tried reverse order, not using firefox node, using invisible, using useless, in web page, not in web page.

I thought the best option was regex but I couldn't get that to work.

I even tried searching by find image, but same problem.
this works
just needed to add
a.WebScrollTo
Function Function2
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=wait(3 WV win("8 People Madonna Looked Like At The Grammys - Mozilla Firefox" "Mozilla*WindowClass" "" 0x4))
Acc a.FindFF(w "A" "" "href=#" 0x1084 3)
a.WebScrollTo
a.Mouse(1)
or better still this works without scrolling

Function Function2a
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=wait(3 WV win("8 People Madonna Looked Like At The Grammys - Mozilla Firefox" "Mozilla*WindowClass" "" 0x4))
Acc a.FindFF(w "A" "" "role=button" 0x1084 3)
a.DoDefaultAction

or if you want it to scroll do like this
Function Function2b
Code:
Copy      Help
Acc a.FindFF(w "A" "" "role=button" 0x1084 3)
a.WebScrollTo
a.DoDefaultAction

along with changing search parameters , sometimes need to change acc attributes as well
Oh.

I thought it couldn't "find" it, but it could. It just couldn't CLICK it. Thanks for helping me.

That'll make a bunch of stuff much easier.