Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Word
When I run a QM in Microsoft Word 2002 that types out a word or words, it errs in the spelling. It cuts the word short by a letter or two or even a whole word. Anyone have a suggestion?

I've been using QM for several years now with never a problem and I love it. But this is really annoying.
it's always been the Word's auto-correct that was fighting the QM Text Sensitive Menu for me. I had to build exceptions in Word or shut it off completely to get it to work right.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
I cannot test in Word 2002. Never noticed this in other Word versions.

Try to make slower.

Macro Macro2067
Code:
Copy      Help
act "Word"
str s=
;When I run a QM in Microsoft Word 2002 that types out a word or words, it errs in the spelling. It cuts the word short by a letter or two or even a whole word. Anyone have a suggestion?
;
;I've been using QM for several years now with never a problem and I love it. But this is really annoying.
;

spe 50
opt slowkeys 1
key (s)

Also run this macro:
Code:
Copy      Help
out getopt(speed)
It should be 100. If it is much smaller, eg 1, set it to a bigger value when QM starts:
Function init2
Code:
Copy      Help
RTOPTIONS o.spe_for_macros=100
RtOptions 2 &o
That rung a bell. I dumped several of my AutoCorrects and that solved most of my problem. In fact, all but one and I can live with that as this gave me back the QM's I really need. Thank you very much.