Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autocomplete certain character combination into a text
So far , i have moved most of my macros from other faulty, laggy, buggy macro programs to QM .
However , all but one.

I require a way for QM to turn my
;;
into
()

(In text) Turning typed double semicolons to parentheses .
I can currently do it , kind of . Typing in empty space gives me the result i want, hovewer .
I use that macro while coding . ie. Pressing semicolon 3 times should give me "();"
my function();
But i instead get
my function;;;

I really need this functionality , the ability to make some of my "expand text" macros to work anywhere everywhere all the time , without requiring any trigger situation or condition.
I have many other macros that require this ability. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance..
It works in new QM version 2.3.5.
QM 2.3.5
Cant seem to get it to work , does it require something different in header section ?
/b/i
etc
Autotext Autotext
Trigger $t     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
/b/i/c/p3
;; :"()"

or

Autotext Autotext2
Code:
Copy      Help
/b/i/c

Works in QM 2.3.5. Trigger must be Autotext, not Keyboard.
In older QM would not work after a word, eg Function;;
I have tried this as new->Autotext list->Working Raw

Then changed it into
Code:
Copy      Help
/b/i/c

My list of Extra delimiter characters in options are
]*/[-=%;

And

function;; still doesnt change to function()
alone ;; do change to ()

:S
In Options you can set additional non-delimiter characters. Default are all alphanumeric. Remove ; because now ; is interpreted in the same way as alpanumeric characters and therefore the autotext does not work if typed after an alphanumeric character. That is the purpose of this option.
with triggers as
]*/[-=%

It still doesnt work
Code:
Copy      Help
/b/i/c

It stopped working alone aswell.
;;;; nothing.
function;;;;;; nothing.
Don't need to specify something in trigger. Just select Autotext trigger and nothing more. And don't need any changes in Options.
I have created a new autotext macro
new->new autotext list ->working with sample items

and then just changed its header
Code:
Copy      Help
/b/i/c

SIMPLE TEXT EXAMPLES
sim :'"simple text" ;;inserts simple text when you type sim and postfix (Ctrl, space, comma, Enter...)
simp :"paste text" ;;same as above, but uses clipboard instead of keys. If 'Hybrid paste' checked in Options, uses keys for short text, clipboard for long text.

FORMATTED TEXT EXAMPLES
dt :str s.timeformat("{DD} {T}"); key (s) ;;current date and time. To add the code, you can use the Text dialog from the floating toolbar.
inpn :if(inp(_i "a number")) key F"the number is {_i}" ;;manual text input

POPUP LIST EXAMPLE
If there are several matching items, shows a popup list. Select an item with mouse, Enter, Tab or a number key.
PL :'"list item 1"
PL :'"list item 2" ;;Label

Now when i type sim it expands into simple text
but
testsim doesnt expand into "testsimple text"
Correct. Does not expand sim because it begins with a word character, but will expand ;; always.
When i add
Code:
Copy      Help
into the previous autotext
so that it becomes
Code:
Copy      Help
/b/i/c

SIMPLE TEXT EXAMPLES
sim :'"simple text" ;;inserts simple text when you type sim and postfix (Ctrl, space, comma, Enter...)
simp :"paste text" ;;same as above, but uses clipboard instead of keys. If 'Hybrid paste' checked in Options, uses keys for short text, clipboard for long text.

FORMATTED TEXT EXAMPLES
dt :str s.timeformat("{DD} {T}"); key (s) ;;current date and time. To add the code, you can use the Text dialog from the floating toolbar.
inpn :if(inp(_i "a number")) key F"the number is {_i}" ;;manual text input

POPUP LIST EXAMPLE
If there are several matching items, shows a popup list. Select an item with mouse, Enter, Tab or a number key.
PL :'"list item 1"
PL :'"list item 2" ;;Label

;;;;;
Doesnt work. Not without adding ; as a delimiter character in options. Then it becomes as it were in older version of QM.
Apparently what this new version has brought doesnt currently work in my computer , i have unicode selected in options .
In case it helps. Using english keyboard. English os. Win7 etc. And only QM is working , i dont have any other keyboard affecting software atm.
Now I tested in empty file with just 1 autotext list. ;; does not work. Added another autotext list with single item and /p3. Then works. Will need to fix it in next QM.

To make it work now, add another autotext list. Can be disabled.
Autotext Autotext unused
Code:
Copy      Help
/p3
this_is_just_a_workaround :""
Yes , the file you have sent works . Looks like i will have to wait until next fix, thank you for your efforts Gintaras .
QM is still the best software in my computer Smile
Don't need to wait. Can make it work now. Create new autotext list with Autotext trigger and paste:
/p3
this_is_just_a_workaround :""

Can disable it.
I did as you said , i dont know how but workaround made it work .
This will do , until next fix then , thank you very much !
Here comes bunch of new macros to my QM wee Smile