Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Macros 2.3.4.5 compiled exe
This code below when compiled into exe using 2.3.3.7 and 2.3.4.5, beside size difference.
Code:
Copy      Help
run "notepad.exe" "" "" "" 0x400

Theres another problem, compiled exe using 2.3.3.7, I cant read the code from the exe using a freeware tool(which is good), but compiled exe using 2.3.4.5, I can read the code using the same freeware tool(which is bad). I dont want mention the freeware tool here in case people missuse.

May I know why? There isnt any security for compiled exe using 2.3.4.5, I even try Vbsexec2 and Vbsexec and WshExec too, basically I can roughly read the whole code from the exe file. :?:
In new QM removed the Compress option. Because of possible problems with antivirus software. Most malware is compressed, therefore all compressed exe look suspicious. Some AV generate false positives even for upx.exe. Upx was used in previous QM versions to compress exe files. It also can be used to decompress. If you want to hide macro strings in exe, it is safer to encrypt the macro. If you want to make exe 50% smaller, you can download upx and use an 'After' function that runs upx. Then test your exe with https://www.virustotal.com/. Some AV probably will report false positives, just because it is compressed.
Using the above code in the first post, could you show me how to encrypt the macro? Cause I havent done or learn the encrypt feature yet. Thanks.
Options -> Security.
I try that before but I couldn't understand how its works, a picture with a sample setting would be nice. Thanks.
Enter a password and click Encrypt. Click Encrypt for each function that is used in exe and should be encrypted. It can be automated.
Then create exe. Encrypted macros will be encrypted in exe too.
Macro testnewnotepad2
Macro testnewnotepad2
Code:
Copy      Help
run "notepad.exe" "" "" "" 0x400

;BEGIN PROJECT
;main_function  testnewnotepad2
;exe_file  C:\testnewnotepad2.exe
;icon  <default>
;manifest  $qm$\default.exe.manifest
;flags  0
;guid  {79B7B022-1B41-4C13-A7E1-48989AE42183}
;END PROJECT

This is the entire code but I dont get it what you mean by encrypt function since there isnt any function to begin with, the password I know is the bottom whereby I need to key in twice.
There are two Encrypt buttons. Use only the first.

If want to encrypt macro containing exe settings, need to store exe settings in parent folder. Exe settings is BEGIN PROJECT...END PROJECT.
Thanks, I finally get what you mean about compile settings in folder after countless testing. Big Grin

Cause I usually save compile setting in macro, no wonder I keep getting error during compile when I use encryption, thanks alot.

One more question, will the info stating "This exe file created with Quick Macros 2.3.4..." contain in the exe be remove in the new official version once its release? I notice the old current official version dont contain this info in compiled exe but the beta version does.
It will remain. Is it a problem?
Nope, just annoying. :wink:

I notice something about vbsexec2 too, there isnt any temp file anymore, is vbsexec2 function changed/updated? :?:
vbsexec2 not changed.
Added WshExec. It does the same as vbsexec2, but is more reliable, and deletes the temp file.