Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard triggers only fire once when modifier key held down
The behaviour of macro triggers using modifier keys (Win, Ctrl, Alt) has changed in QM v2.3.3.7 (from v2.3.2.8 )
I use QM to switch quickly between application Windows, eg Win-E opens the next explorer Window, Win-W opens the next Word window, Win-D opens the next cmd (dos) window, etc

In QM v2.3.2.8, I could hold down the Windows key and tap any of the letters I'd set up to trigger a macro to keeping switching between application windows, without letting the Windows key up.
In QM v2.3.3.7, when I hold down the Windows key and tap two or more letters, a macro is triggered the first time only (after the first letter is pressed while the Windows key is held down, the letter is sent to the active window).
This new behaviour seems to be the same for other modifier-key conbinations, eg Ctrl-Alt, etc

Is there any way to return to the v2.3.3.7 behaviour?
Thank you. Will fix it in next QM. Maybe tomorrow or later this week. In current QM not possible.
Thanks, Gintaras.
Your support is legendary!
Also, in Word 2010 with QM 2337 running:
When I use Shift+Ctrl+Arrow key (word shortcuts to change heading level, or move paragraph): on Shift+Ctrl keyup, a low ascii value is sent to the word document) (prob 1,2,3,4?)
Can you give more info how to reproduce this? I tested with Word 2010 and 2003. No characters are inserted. Are these shortcuts customized in your Word? By default Ctrl+Shift+Arrow selects text or moves text cursor.
Sorry, Gintaras, I named the wrong key combination. I should have said ALT+Shift+arrowKey:
In WinWord 2010:
Alt+Shift+Up: moves the paragraph up one paragraph
Alt+Shift+Down: moves the paragraph down one paragraph
Alt+Shift+Left: Makes a normal paragraph a heading-1 paragraph, or decreases the heading level (eg heading-2 to heading-1)
Alt+Shift+Right: Increases the heading level (eg heading-2 to heading-3)

Tests:
1. I started word 2010 in safe mode (winword /a), the problem still occurs.
2. If I exit QM (Alt+F3) the alt+shift+arrowKey behaviour in WinWord returns to normal.
3. I have no QM macros with keyboard triggers using Alt+Shift+Arrow keys (and cannot see any for Alt+Shift+anything)
While you're looking at this issue Gintaras, here is a related issue that I noticed in QM 2328:
When I fire a macro keyboard trigger with Alt+letter, then the standard Windows Alt-letter accelerators do not work until I let the Alt key up and press it down again.
For example:
In the Outlook reminders pop-up window, I use Alt+1 to delay the highlighted reminder for 1 hour by calling the function OLRemind1Hour, below.
If I press Alt+1 to delay the first reminder by 1 hour, keep the Alt key held down, then press S to select the Snooze button in the reminder window, then instead of selecting the Snooze button, the letter S is typed into the Window.
If I press Alt+S first, then 1 (without lifting the Alt key), then then the snooze button is selected and the Alt+1 trigger-function fires ok

Can QM cope with Alt+letter triggers being used before Windows Alt+letter shortcuts without the Alt key being lifted?

Function OLRemind1Hour
Trigger A1 /OUTLOOK     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
OLReminderDelay "1h"

Function OLReminderDelay
Code:
Copy      Help
function str'delay
act win("* Reminder*" "#32770" "" 1)
key Ac (delay) As
Alt+Shift+Arrow will be fixed in next QM.

On Alt+key trigger QM releases Alt. Otherwise it would interfere with keys sent by the macro. Maybe next QM will have keyboard trigger option "don't release modifiers". It also would fix the first bug.