Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound recognition/ trigger?
I know it's a long shoot but im wondering if there is a way to make a sort of trigger or condition with sound? For example, some web site or program is doing something and at a sertan point it makes a warning/ notification sound. The macro is detecting the warning sound and reacts to it or, if it is a notification sound the orher macro detect's it and does another set of actions.
The best way is to leasten to windows stereo mix chanel as all sounds it makes get rooted trough it. But still i dont know if it is posible in the first placeSmile

Thank you for your help
I tried it several years ago, unsuccessfully.
For some standard sounds can be used accessible object trigger SOUND. It works on Windows 7 but not on XP.

Function SoundTrigger
Trigger $a 1 -11 "" "#43" "" "" "" "" 5 "" "" "" "" 0x1000     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
function hwnd idObject idChild
Acc a.ObjectFromEvent(hwnd idObject idChild)
out a.Name

play standard sound to test the trigger
Macro Macro1678
Code:
Copy      Help
bee 4

play some other sound defined in Control Panel -> Sound
Macro Macro1678
Code:
Copy      Help
PlaySound("DeviceConnect" 0 SND_ALIAS|SND_ASYNC|SND_SYSTEM)
Yes i see what you mean. Well i knew it is a long shot, and i did some digging on the internet. No one seems to be trying to make anything similar at this time. Dow it could be useful in many way's.
Thank's for your help Smile
I used ToneDet in the past for things. It triggers programs based on tones. I was able to get it working decently to decode DTMF:
http://www.nch.com.au/action/misc.html

This might work if you take the alert sound file and do a frequency analysis to figure out what combination are present and set up the ToneDet program.

I've also used dlg_wave_meter (Audio...) to detect audio. But that can only detect the level of overall audio. I used it to monitor for silence.

Matching a sounds against sound in files, that's very tricky.
TheVig Wrote:I used ToneDet in the past for things. It triggers programs based on tones. I was able to get it working decently to decode DTMF:
http://www.nch.com.au/action/misc.html

This might work if you take the alert sound file and do a frequency analysis to figure out what combination are present and set up the ToneDet program.

I've also used dlg_wave_meter (Audio...) to detect audio. But that can only detect the level of overall audio. I used it to monitor for silence.

Matching a sounds against sound in files, that's very tricky.

Thank you for the input i'm going to dig-in and try to make use of it!
Thank's again Smile