Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 HTML Error
Hello. I have a program that i have made for my two computers at work. IT works for my computer that is a desktop but not for my laptop. The desktop runs OS Windows xp and my Laptop uses Windows 7.

HTML element actions does not work. I Am simply trying to select a combo box "Text" item. It works for IE on desktop but not Windows 7 Laptop.

Function vJones
Code:
Copy      Help
Htm vBank=htm("SELECT" "cboFlags" "" win("VoterInformation - Windows Internet Explorer" "IEFrame") 0 0 0x121)
vBank.CbSelect("Signed Jones")

Htm vPET=htm("SELECT" "cboResponse" "" win("VoterInformation - Windows Internet Explorer" "IEFrame") 0 1 0x121)
vPET.CbSelect("PET")
Htm vFlag=htm("INPUT" "cmdAddFlag" "" win("VoterInformation - Windows Internet Explorer" "IEFrame") 0 54 0x121)
vFlag.Click

This is the code that works for the Desktop but it wont work for laptop with windows 7... Any help Please and thank you!
for some reason it says window not found when i try and use that code on my other computer.
Can you give URL of the web page?

It says window not found? Try to capture the elements on Windows 7, maybe something in IE is different than on XP.
In the HTML element actions toolbar i used it to find the accesible object but when i hit the test button it throws an error..
What error it is? In which dialog - "Find accessible object" or "Find html element"?
HTML element actions > Select Combo box Item > By text "Signed Bankhead"

When i drag and select the combo box then hit the test button it throws this error.

Element not found
htm("SELECT" "cboFlags" "win("VoterInformation - Internet Explorer, optimized for Bing and MSN" "IEFrame") 0 0 0x1101)

Thats the error that it shows. The website is onlinecampaigncenter.com
I cannot test the website, need password etc. Possibly the reason is that your Internet Explorer is modified (optimized for Bing and MSN). Can QM find other HTML elements? In this website, and in others? If yes, try to capture an adjacent element, and put a number in the Navigate field. For example, if you capture element A, and click one time on the < button, it finds an adjacent element, but if the you enter 1 in the Navigate field, it finds the captured element.