Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loop not working in IE
Hello Mr. Gintaras.

The following loop structure works with Firefox and Chrome, but not for Internet Explorer, don't know why. All my other macros I run with Firefox--although these do not have any coding for accessible object actions like the IE macro, but I don’t think that should make any difference, but wanting to point that out. Note: for some reason the indenting didn't go through when I post.

int i
for i 0 100
lef bleah bleah
Acc bleah bleah
a.DoDefault bleah bleah bleah
out i

upon running the code, it would say 100, but never looped even once. Very weird.

So, thanks again for your reply re:my other question about accessible object actions, IE seems to be the only search engine that this works well. You’re the best and happy holidays, Alice
To copy QM code for this forum, use menu Edit -> Other Formats.

Macro Macro1595
Code:
Copy      Help
int i
for i 0 100
,lef bleah bleah
,Acc bleah bleah
,a.DoDefault bleah bleah bleah
,out i

Not all objects support DoDefaultAction. Try a.Mouse(1)
I'm so embarrassed. BOTH the DoDefaultAction AND a.Mouse(1) work perfectly with the loop.

What happened was I neglected to put the time between clicks, so therefore, it could not have looped through as it fell on the wrong web item, hard to explain, but it was my mistake and NOT Quick Macros. :oops:

Now that I added the time between the clicks, it is working beautifully. This proved to me that Quick Macros is the best program for auto-clicking needs, due to flexibility in program writing, as long as the programmer is with it, LOL! :lol:

Thanks for the tip re:code format that I will use next time I have a question for you! :mrgreen:

Thanks so much!