Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T.S. Menu
Is there a way to have the T.S. Menus execute after any one of a class of characters?

For example, the below line would execute on any of these (not just a space) {. , ! ? } (and of course all the close set things like French Braces etc.

T.S. Menu T.S. Menu-F
Trigger Sf 0x3     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
/b/i/c
e  :key "for example "
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
You would have to add menu item for each character.
e{ :key "for example "
e. :key "for example "

In QM 2.3.3, TS menus have more options. Don't need separate menu for each first character; can execute on any separator character.

It is not finished, but mostly works. Not in UI. If you want to test, i'll explain how. If don't have QM 2.3.3, download:
http://www.quickmacros.com/dev/quickmac.exe
Please do. I'm installing now.

The Macro Hook
example
T.S. Menu T.S. Menu20
Trigger $t 3     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
/b/i/c
moo :'"moonlight"
pas :"paste"

will execute after typing word moo or pas, and a delimiter character or Ctrl

It is a new trigger type. Still without UI. Enter it in Trigger field in toolbar.

the 3 is flags:
0 no postfix (will execute after typing moo), 1 postfix can be any delimiter (will execute after typing moo and any delimiter character), 2 postfix can be Ctrl (will execute after typing moo and pressing Ctrl)

Delimiter characters are all except word characters. Additional non-delimiter characters can be set in Options -> Triggers. Then these characters can be used in TS menu items.
does the "$" go in the trigger? it says "Invalid trigger-string" when I put in "$h 3" for my trigger.

The Macro Hook
t, not h
Also, is there a conflict with using 2ndy keyboard? (lol-level hooks are 'off').

The Macro Hook
no
wait....there's only one ts menu for all the characters?....Nice!!!!

MAN, WORKS GREAT!!!!

The Macro Hook
Fantastic!!!
Any way to make it disabled for a list of programs/objects? Other than the build a macro that will do a dis+ and dis- anyway.

The Macro Hook
Programs and filter functions still don't work for this trigger type. Tomorrow i will look, maybe not much work...

----------------

abc :FunctionThatPastesTextOnlyInSomePrograms("abc text")
def :FunctionThatPastesTextOnlyInSomePrograms("def text")
This is fantastic!!!
Not sure if this would be more helpful or annoying but would it be possible to have a hover list of the autocomplete/replace options that are available as you type each letter. Many of mine are more replacements than substitutions so it would be more like a reminder of all the "t" replacements I use rather than an actual combo-box like picklist.
Stuart
one additional question as I use the TS options more...
If I go back and add a letter to an already existing word, it seems to think that the extra typing is part of a new substitution root. e.g.
I have
Code:
Copy      Help
t :"the"
in my TS menu and then if I wrote the word "shifthe " instead of "shift" in a document and then wanted to go back and edit it by putting my cursor at the end of the word and typing "t" and then a space, "I would get "shifthe " instead of "shift". Is there any way to look backwards and make sure there is no non-whitespace or word character already immediately prior to the letter+delimiter.
Thanks!!,
Stuart
Whoops...the unintended behavior actually happened in the post. It should read:

one additional question as I use the TS options more...
If I go back and add a letter to an already existing word, it seems to think that the extra typing is part of a new substitution root. e.g.
I have
t :"the"
in my TS menu and then if I wrote the word "shif" instead of "shift" in a document and then wanted to go back and edit it by putting my cursor at the end of the word and typing "t" and then a space, "I would get "shifthe " instead of "shift". Is there any way to look backwards and make sure there is no non-whitespace or word character already immediately prior to the letter+delimiter.
Thanks!!,
Stuart
I just finished making a sort of 'intellisense' clone for QM.

I just had a 'pop-up menu' assigned to one of my more common TS Menu items so I can just pick it out of the list.

The Macro Hook
ULTRA cool!!!
S
Thank you Stuart, I'll fix it. Now I'm working with TS menus.
fantastic....it's a GREAT feature!
S
Hi Gintaras,
I know you are actively working on this and greatly appreciate the coming functionality. I thought I might just add my comments as to my "wish list" for this functionality. I apologize if these seem obvious or something you are already perfecting!

First and foremost is a "filter" function similar to the keyboard/mouse/window triggers for other macros/functions.

The other is an "undo-and-block-the-next-substitution" hotkey for a substitution that will block it from happening again the next time it is triggered. It's frustrating to get into a loop where you really do need to leave the original "as is". You can erase easily it but how do you block it from happening again right then and there going forward.

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head. Appreciate your work so much!!
Stuart
Hi Gintaras,
I know you are actively working on this and greatly appreciate the coming functionality. I thought I might just add my comments as to my "wish list" for this functionality. I apologize if these seem obvious or something you are already perfecting!

First and foremost is a "filter" function similar to the keyboard/mouse/window triggers for other macros/functions.

The other is an "undo-and-block-the-next-substitution" hotkey for a substitution that will block it from happening again the next time it is triggered. It's frustrating to get into a loop where you really do need to leave the original "as is". You can erase easily it but how do you block it from happening again right then and there going forward.

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head. Appreciate your work so much!!
Stuart
Will have programs and filter function.
Will allow any characters in item text, not only alphanumeric.

Quote:The other is an "undo-and-block-the-next-substitution" hotkey for a substitution that will block it from happening again the next time it is triggered. It's frustrating to get into a loop where you really do need to leave the original "as is". You can erase easily it but how do you block it from happening again right then and there going forward.

Yes, I noticed, will think about it, thank you.
thanks!
S