Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked File password dialog - hide at startup
Hi Gintaras,
Is there any way to not have the password entry field popup at initial launch of QM.
The functions/triggers etc of the locked folder work fine but the user has to hit cancel when asked for a password. This can get confusing because they think they have to enter a password to have access to those functions. It would be great if the dialog only popped up when the user clicked on the taskbar QM icon (or at least have this as an option).
Thanks!,
S
QM shows password dialog at startup only if launched with command line v (visible).
You probably tested QM shortcut in Start menu. Remove v from command line.
That is correct that there is a v there in the properties of that Start Menu Shortcut. (I never noticed that before!)
How do I remove that systematically as there are numerous people logging into this computer. Can this be set at (re-)-install?
Thanks, S
forgot to mention that this should apply to "load QM at startup"
thanks!!
S
If in QM setup is checked "Launch Quick Macros": when setup finishes, QM starts visible, therefore shows password dialog if current qml file (specified in registry) is locked.
If in QM setup is checked "Run Quick Macros when Windows starts": QM later will start hidden, without password dialog.
Setup always creates shortcut with v in Start Menu\Programs\Quick Macros 2.
This cannot be changed.

Solutions:
When QM starts, a macro can close the dialog.
If need to modify QM Start Menu shortcut: When QM starts, a macro can replace the shortcut. Use function CreateShortcut().

Function close_password
Trigger @2     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=wait(10 win("QM - Password" "#32770")); err ret
but 2 w
If you run QM setup program with /SILENT or /VERYSILENT, QM will run hidden, without password dialog. But then does not show the setup wizard.
Thank you very much. All these various solutions are edu atonal and solve my issue. You r the best as always Gintaras
S