Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IP Blocking
Hi Gintaras,
A couple of computers that I have installed QM on do not respond to net commands even though the net commands are sent to the proper computer name or IP address and with proper password set on Receiving computer. I have struggled as to why this is the case when several others set up in same way work flawlessly. Upon reinstalling QM on a computer, I noticed that when I set the net password in the options dialog, a Windows popup appears saying something like "Allow or Keep Blocking". I always hit allow and usually this computer can receive the net commands. Perhaps the reason so my computers that can't receive the net command are like that is because I never hit "Allow" in that dialog when it first appeared. I have uninstalled and reinstalled QM on the problem computers but I can't seem to get the dialog again because all my presets already appear. I try to manually delete entire QM folder in Programs files including all qmreg files, etc. But I am not allowed because of dll issue.
Sorry for long explanation but I think the right question is how to get to that Allow/Keep Blocking dialog again and see if that is the problem.
Thanks!,
Stuart
its ur firewall settings. on xp go to firewall and then advanced/exceptions then either edit or delete or add the qm port.
on win 7 go to firewall advanced settings then inbound edit/delete/add the qm port.
Ok....can't wait to try! Will post results tomorrow. Thanks!!! S
Windows firewall also supports command line.

http://lantoolbox.com/articles/configur ... mand-line/