Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch and define a key from within another program
Ok, only got one answer to my very detailed question, so let me make it simpler:

Is there a way to launch a QM macro from within another program?

I used to use SuperKey back in the 80's. It was a TSR ("terminate and stay resident") program...so I could bring it up inside any program, record a macro, turn it off, and save the macro to a key combination. Now that I've plunked down the money to buy QM....am I to be saddened to discover QM won't do this?
Hello Daniel,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Is there a way to launch a QM macro from within another program?", but as for your second question regarding SuperKey are you asking is there a way to record your actions?
QM keyboard triggers may not work in some games.
On some Windows versions, keyboard triggers may not work in console windows, if not using low level hook, which you can set in Options -> Triggers.
Also, the macro and the folder must not be disabled.
Also, keyboard triggers must not be disabled in Options -> Triggers.
Also, QM must be not disabled. It tray icon must be blue.
Also, if the trigger is set to work in certain program, program name must be filename without extension, for example NOTEPAD.
If stll does not work, please post your macro here. Copy it in QM, using menu Edit -> Other Formats, and paste here.
Please don't create separate topics for the same question. Use the PostReply button.
Hello Daniel,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Is there a way to launch a QM macro from within another program?", but as for your second question regarding SuperKey are you asking is there a way to record your actions?

================================================================================================

Yes...I want to record my actions. Here's what I need to happen:

1. With QM closed, but active (TSR...terminate and stay resident...like superkey used to do).
2. Turn on recorder.
3. Record what I want it to do while in MSWORD.
4. turn off recorder.
5. Save macro to what QM calls a "trigger"
6. Use that macro from now on with that trigger.
When QM is closed but active, you can start recording with hotkey Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R.
When finished recording, press one of buttons in the 'QM recording' dialog.
Review/edit what is recorded. For example, remove 'AT lines (Alt+Tab), edit window names.
Open Properties dialog and assign a trigger.
Test how everything works.
Close QM window.
Gintaras Wrote:When QM is closed but active, you can start recording with hotkey Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R.
When finished recording, press one of buttons in the 'QM recording' dialog.
Review/edit what is recorded. For example, remove 'AT lines (Alt+Tab), edit window names.
Open Properties dialog and assign a trigger.
Test how everything works.
Close QM window.

Problem is...I don't want to remove the alt-tab lines...as I need it in the macro to move between wp and word.
To activate windows, use QM function act, not Alt+Tab. Read more about act in QM Help.