Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user starting problems
Hi there,

I was excited about this replacing an old macro program when I read about the features. Currently, I am not impressed with this application as it has yet to run a simple macro in Wordpad.

I have the following lines in a macro named escalate03

key "Provided the incident number to *." Y
key "Escalating to local support." Y

Yet, I cannot get it to run in Wordpad with a TS Menu entry. I currently have this line in the TS Menu:

/c test :mac "escalate03"

I have the trigger set to the equal sign "=" but when I type =test nothing happens.
I have read the quick start material and accroding to what is in there this should be working.
I am running Windows XP.

I have a lot of experience with programming and macros but something in the instructions for this application is missing the boat to provide accurate information to build a simple starting macro. I cannot even get any of the sample macros to execute in Wordpad. Please direct me how to fix this using some good English.
/c
test :mac "escalate03"

or

/ctest :mac "escalate03"
I figured out where the overall problem was. I had the macros embedded at the wrong level to be read from the My Macros folder. Once I move the TS menu and macro to the root level the TS menu works. Although, I am still fuzzy on how to execute a macro all by itself without a trigger.

===========================================================================

I tried both command lines and nothing pops in Wordpad when I enter =test.

Let me take this down to a different level. How do I get the macro named escalate03 to run in Wordpad?

I beleive once I understand this concept within the application I will know what to look for the in TS menu.

To be honest, none of the macros run anywhere outside of Quick Macros. I have also noticed it is not saving any of the triggers as when I go to My Macros and display all of the triggers it only shows the My First Macro trigger.
hi.

first u need to create a hot key (trigger) for the T.S Menu

for example
T.S. Menu T.S. Menu
Trigger Sa     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
/b
= :mac "escalate03"

the trigger for T.S Menu is shift+a

now create a function
Function escalate03
Code:
Copy      Help
;;code here that u want to execute in wordpad
act id(59648 win("Document - WordPad" "WordPadClass"))
key "Provided the incident number to *." Y
key "Escalating to local support." Y

open wordpad.

press shift+a now you have 5 seconds to type "=" as this will kick start the function escalate03 and execute code inside.
hope this helps.
Maybe you try to set trigger somewhere in a wrong place.
To set trigger: Open Properties dialog. Click 'Keyboard'. Click 'Hot-key' field, an press =.