Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very simple macro, 1 line won't work
I have created a simple one line macro that fails when executed on machines other than the one it was created on. I created a macro named run_taxwise, ( one line macro ---> run "C:\UTS10\TWW10.exe" ) and make it an executable (run_taxwise.exe) when copied to a flash drive and attempting to run on another laptop, it fails. Error: Cannot open file "C:\Documents and setting\volunteer\Desktop\Taxwise.ico". The system cannot find the file specified. I understand the error and can solve the problem and get the macro to run by placing the required file on the desktop.

The puzzling part. If I click on "start" (windows icon in left hand corner of task bar). Select "run", enter C:\UTS10\TWW10.exe, and click OK the application launches as it should, without placing the file on the desktop. The required files exists in the "UTS10" folder. Why is it searching elsewhere and can I control where it searchs.

Operating System Windows XP Pro

Thanks,

mike.martin
Change
run "C:\UTS10\TWW10.exe"
to
run "C:\UTS10\TWW10.exe" "" "" "*"

The "*" sets current directory for TWW10.exe to "C:\UTS10\". Then it will search for the ico file there, not in desktop.
Thanks a million.

mike
Mike,

Thanks for sticking with a one line QM macro. This is the wave of the future.