Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylize Buttonz
I work with vb6 ( Visual Basic 6 ) also besides qm and sometimes, i do some comparrasion of what has what and vice versa that the other dont. Anywho, my question is this.

On vb6, im able to add backgrounds or custom backgrounds to the main dialog it-self and also, add it to the buttons. Now, in qm, i know that we can add bitmaps and icons etc, to have backgrounds or custom looks to it, but, im not able to get anything to the buttons. Cant change the colour either, or if im doing it wrong i do not know.

So, basically what i want to know is that, can we add custom small graphics to the buttons or just change the colour and if so, im trying to get the button black.
And of course, an example would be great, if possible

Thanks
How do you set black color for a button in VB? I tried to set BackColor property to 0 but it does not work for buttons.

I think Windows does not allow to change button control color. Graphics can be added but it can be beside text, like icon, but not behind text.
Sorry i took so long to get back at you gin, i lost internet for a few days but here is the info you wanted to know.

First, you need to download a file called, " glxpbuttonz.ocx " and import inside of vb6. You can google that.

On vb6 main screen, have a button on the dialog. Click on the button and on the right side, where it says, " Properties ", scroll down to where it says, " Style " Click it and then click, " 1 - Crystal "

Also youll notice youve got your colour schemes for that button. Its in blue, you just click that and you can change the colour to anything you want and thats pretty much it. I just has it set to black and liked the way it looked.

This is basically what i was trying to do in qm but it didnt work for me. You think it would be possible in a future update to have colours to the buttons like in vb
Quote:First, you need to download a file called, " glxpbuttonz.ocx "

URL please.
http://www.missingocx.com/dsplus/m.php? ... uttonz.zip
In QM can't use this. Try some other ActiveX button control.
Well thats the thing, vb6 lives off of active x basically but i cant seem to find anything to implement inside qm to get colours to the buttonz so just wondering if you could add a option for colour on the buttons in a future update possibly and i dont believe itll be hard after all, because i wrote a a colour code in HEX and converted it to OCX and imported it in vb6 and it worked like a charm.