Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM not recording all Mouse/Keyboard input?
Im trying to create a mouse/keyboard macro to help me with a tedious repeatative task in a program that my company is developing for tests. Every now and then a file shows up in a folder, I need to move that file from one place in this particular program to another location using mouse and keyboard commands.

But it would seem that QM is unvilling to record all my input. For example, I need to hold down the letter "L" for 10 seconds before I hold the letter "R" pressed for 2 seconds. But QM only register L and R in a quick session and complete the command in 0.03 seconds... :roll:

How can I set up QM to record EXACTLY EVERYTHING, every key press AND hold and every mouse movement I do? :oops:

I thought a macro program was supposed to recreate a complete record of the input Big Grin
It records code like

'llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Before insert

opt slowkeys 1

To adjust speed also can insert

spe 50 ;;change the value to adjust speed.

-------

To record every mouse movement, check Move and Drag in the QM Recording dialog.
It sounds like you would be better served to use a file created trigger that will automatically monitor changes in a directory then perform a specific action when a condition exists.

Function Move_File_when_Created
Trigger $f 0x1 "$desktop$"     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
function event $name [$newname]
;event: 1 added, 2 removed, 4 renamed, 8 modified
sel event
,case 1
,str AddedFileName=name
,str FileName.getfilename(AddedFileName 1)
,str FilePath.getpath(AddedFileName)
,str NewFileName.from(FilePath "NewFolder\" FileName)
,ren+ AddedFileName NewFileName
TheVig Wrote:It sounds like you would be better served to use a file created trigger that will automatically monitor changes in a directory then perform a specific action when a condition exists.

Function Move_File_when_Created
Trigger $f 0x1 "$desktop$"     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
function event $name [$newname]
;event: 1 added, 2 removed, 4 renamed, 8 modified
sel event
,case 1
,str AddedFileName=name
,str FileName.getfilename(AddedFileName 1)
,str FilePath.getpath(AddedFileName)
,str NewFileName.from(FilePath "NewFolder\" FileName)
,ren+ AddedFileName NewFileName

Well, actually I need it to play the movement just as I record it, as it is for educational purpose. Its a drawing program, and I need the squares to look like squares, not 1/3 circles Tongue

Isnt there a way to set the program to record EXACTLY what is happening on the screen? Works fine with clicks and such, but I really need drag and drop, mosemovements and such...

Tried opt slowkeys 1 and spe 50>200, but it still wont do the trick...

Cant it just mimick my movements? Sounds weird I gotta be a rocket scientist to record a macro of my screen Tongue
Drag and move works for me.

Try this code

Macro Macro 555
Code:
Copy      Help
int w1=win("Program Manager" "Progman")
lef+ 352 342 w1
mou "AA@A@B@A@B@B@A@B@BaCaBaBaBbCaCbBaAbCaAbB@BbAaAaA@Aa@@Aa@a@a@a@a@a@b@b@c@f@cahadad@cabab@aaa@a@a@aaa@a@aaa@aa@ab@babab@bbcabbbbaaaaa@bbaaaaaaaaaaa@@aa@aaa@@aaaa@@aaaa@@aa@abba@aaa@aaaaa@a@aaa@a@a@a@a@a@a"
lef- 235 335 w1
mou "A@A@BABAB@B@BAA@B@AAB@B@C@A@B@A@B@A@A@B@A@A@A@A@A@A@"
lef+ 274 339 w1
mou "A@A@A@A@A@B@BAA@BAB@CAA@C@B@C@B@C@B@C@B@B@B@B@C@B@A@AaC@AaB@AaB@AaA@A@@aAaA@AaAaA@AaAaA@AaA@A@AAAA@B@AA@@A"
lef- 351 337 w1
Time_Runner Wrote:Drag and move works for me.

Try this code

Macro Macro 555
Code:
Copy      Help
int w1=win("Program Manager" "Progman")
lef+ 352 342 w1
mou "AA@A@B@A@B@B@A@B@BaCaBaBaBbCaCbBaAbCaAbB@BbAaAaA@Aa@@Aa@a@a@a@a@a@b@b@c@f@cahadad@cabab@aaa@a@a@aaa@a@aaa@aa@ab@babab@bbcabbbbaaaaa@bbaaaaaaaaaaa@@aa@aaa@@aaaa@@aaaa@@aa@abba@aaa@aaaaa@a@aaa@a@a@a@a@a@a"
lef- 235 335 w1
mou "A@A@BABAB@B@BAA@B@AAB@B@C@A@B@A@B@A@A@B@A@A@A@A@A@A@"
lef+ 274 339 w1
mou "A@A@A@A@A@B@BAA@BAB@CAA@C@B@C@B@C@B@C@B@B@B@B@C@B@A@AaC@AaB@AaB@AaA@A@@aAaA@AaAaA@AaAaA@AaA@A@AAAA@B@AA@@A"
lef- 351 337 w1

Thank you all VERY much for your answers, I really appreciate you all trying to help me.

Well yes, drag and drop "works" for me too, but not at all at "In Real Life" speeds... The macro either play too fast, or too slow.

The reason I can't say what the macro does exactly is because we use it to test a new system software we are currently develloping. My boss is breathing down my neck for testresults and I simply don't have the time to run all the systemtest manually myself.

The thing is, we need the macro for demonstration and testing purposes, and we need it to record everything we see on the screen. Mouse movements, clicks, draging, selections and more at the rate it happens in real life. For example, if I move the mouse pinter around the screen, I need the macro to record the mouse movement and replicate it. As it is now, it won't record the movement if there hasn't been a mouse click.

Is there a way to reset all Properties? Perhaps I acidently changed some setting to how the program record macros.

I really need the macro to replicate precisely everything as it happens on the screen from the moment i press Record.

Sorry to bother you Obi-Wan, but you are my only hope Big Grin
Try using CASE or if, if else statements along with spe or wait statements so you have exact control over the speed and movements that you want the mouse to do.
The default recording options are to play macro fast and reliable, although not precisely what was recorded. You need to change something in the QM recording dialog. Even then will not be 100% precise, because QM does not insert delays after every key, but only after keys when it thinks the app could do some more processing.