Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Newest QM.
3.0.2 or so? where it has alot of the icons changed.. idk if its a bug or not. but the qm file icons change back to the older version of qm. The new qm the files are white with 3 green macro icons. but for some reason they like to switch back an forth from old to new
Icons on desktop? It depends on Windows icons caching.
Yes the desktop icons don't change all the time neither do the main icon in QM Folder. Maybe this is because i defrag my pc a lot? When I look in my QM Folder the main icon sometimes uses the new icon with 3.0.2 and the rest of the time it uses version lower icon. I'm pretty sure that its not because of how i download it, becuase i've been using qm for years and never had this problem before?

Just to make sure you know what i mean with the icons. Here are two pictures.

3.0 And Lower Icon:
[Image: 2bcriu.jpg]

3.0.2 Icon:
[Image: a9pjqb.jpg]
On my Vista computer the icon changed to the new icon only after some time. I just changed how the icon looks, nothing more. The icon is in qm.exe, and the index is the same. Also, QM setup program notifies Windows that an icon changed, but Windows ignores that.

How if you rebuild Windows icon cache? This macro does it on Vista:
Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
del- "$Local AppData$\iconcache.db"; err
ShutDownProcess win("" "Shell_TrayWnd") ;;kill explorer process. will restart automatically
very nice.
pi
Ok tyvm bro qm is the best.. i just wasnt sure if it was error or made like that. but now i see. TYVM