Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will this work in a game?
Hey, im just wondering if this will work in a game? Ive allready tried the basics, and it seems to work fine, but i wanna try and make it go in depth, and im not sure how to do it, or if its possible.

1. If a window pops up in a game, can the macro reconize that this window has poped up?

2. I remember seeing something that if a certain sound is played, it will trigger an event. If a string of music/ sound in a game is playing, is the macro able to reconize this and activate another event?

3. In game, if a certain string of text appears in the chat window(somebody types something to you), will the macro be able to reconize this, and again, activate another event?

Thanks for the help
1. In most cases yes. Use window trigger or "wait for window" command.

2. No.

3. In most cases it is possible. Try "Find accessible object" or "Find html element" dialog (you will need QM 2.1.4 or 2.1.5).
Thanks, know that i know it should be possible. Ill give it a shot, if i run into problems, expect to see me again =P

One other thing though i have encounter'd is, i tell it to press SPACE, i put it on a 5 sec wait b4 the space, bring up the game, and wait, then it activates, but instead of the character jumping (space bar) it brings up a window (press p to bring it up) and the character crouches (c key) Any ideas why it would do this?
Please show the macro.
Something really simple, was just trying things, when i noticed it was working right, just wondering what the problem would be, and if it could cause future problems:

Code:
Copy      Help
key Space

Very basic
This will type Pace (shift+p a c e). To press spacebar, use

key V

To type text Space, use

key "Space"
ah great, thanks
just wondering, what would this do:
key (VK_SPACE)
?
would it do the same as u explained before?
same as key V

V is QM key code (used only in QM). VK_SPACE is Windows virtual-key code.