Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reducing system load of QM Tbs/Dialogs....
Hi Gintaras,
I am struggling to reduce the overhead on system resources from having a QM toolbar and smart-dialog with lots of icons buttons ~25. It seems to be pushing a pretty unstable but mission critical work application over the edge into lockup.
Of course, there could be a million different issues causing this but my question is more to try and understand the various issues at play.

The Toolbar and Dialog are both fixed by screen position rather than "hanging on the app window" because the app window is a funny type of multi image display mode that is launched from a patient-image worklist window (by analogy when you select "full screen" on a media player"). It doesn't behave by normal windows rules with QM so I have just hung the TB/DLg when the display window goes up and take them down when the display window disappears.

The problem comes when moving within the display mode from image set to image set. If the application and its database server is doing ok, the images hang promptly and don't seem bothered by QM. When things are just ok, there will be a bit of a pause sometimes when new images are being displayed (some of the menus boxes will kind of go blank for a while) and a QM window that says something like "Waiting while QM Window Hung...Abort Wait" will appear for a few seconds. Then it goes back to normal.

If the image application is really moving slow, then QM kind of strangles it and pushes it over the edge. i.e. the blank windows appear and then the system locks up.

I hope this is enough information that you can perhap see the issues at play without having to go through my code though I would be happy to send/post any part that you might think would help understand it.

I only notices the "QM WIndow Hung" window since I think 2.2. Does that sound right?

Is there a way I can economize - perhaps putting everything in a TB or in a Dialog?
I notice that when I watch the threads...the Dialog almost always has a thread going. I have it as a smart dialog but it probably could be a simple dialog. There is nothing really being updated on it.

Hopefully that helps and I reaqlly appreciate any insight.

Stuart
Only these function can show the "Waiting while the window is hung..." dialog:
key
outp, str.setsel
str.getsel

These functions send keys to the active window. If the window is hung, the keys would be lost. These functions detect hung window, then show the dialog and wait. To disable it, try opt keysync 1.
Thanks!! There is a lot of key commands so I think this will help. I will try opt keysync 1
Thanks!!!
Stuart