Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fields / Buttons in an app window
8) How would you go about listing the id's for all fields in an app's window?

For example, if I wanted to click a button to log into an application, how would I know what the reference is for that button? Or, as another example, if I wanted to grab the data from a list and save it into a str array, what do I use as a reference?

Perhaps it would be easiest to go over a sample to do this for a known application (like outlook express or aim or something)?

Please let me know if any of this is confusing. I'm brand new to QM, but I can see that it is indeed a powerful program.

Thanks!
almost all the data on a window can be found in the "status bar" section of the QM editor window. just open up the editor and mouse over the window and it will give you the info. the button can be referred to by the "id=" portion.
If you use QM 2.1.1, download QM 2.1.4 or 5, and you will be able to drag&capture buttons.
Gintaras Wrote:If you use QM 2.1.1, download QM 2.1.4 or 5, and you will be able to drag&capture buttons.

What about windows that have list items, but the "Find Accesible Objects" dialogue does not show the list.

For example, I am unable to find the list items for available poker tables in the newest PokerStars client. It shows a classtype as "Afx:400000:28:10011:0:0" for the list, without anything else inside.

I'm hoping that this is simply a limitation of the tool and that it wouldn't be too difficult to get around.

Thanks!
I have a related question: In 2.1.4, if a child object is some text and I know its id= number, how can I assign that text to a string variable?
Floating toolbar -> windows,controls,menus -> window actions -> get text -> control
Gintaras Wrote:Floating toolbar -> windows,controls,menus -> window actions -> get text -> control

I've tried that, as well as creating an accessible object, but I am unable to get the text or to enumerate the children. Is this because the class type is not supported?

There must be a way to do this, since each line item can be clicked by the mouse...