Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM and Windows Remote Desktop
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to get a keyboard trigger to work while inside a Remote Desktop session? I am trying to create a macro on the local machine that can run by pressing a function key. I want the macro to be activated regardless of what application is currently active and that includes Remote Desktop. It works fine on other applications, but not RDP. I have the low-level keyboard hooks checked already. Thanks for any help.
This is interesting. Assume QM is running on both computers, and has F11 trigger on both computers. If Remote Desktop is full screen (default), works F11 on remote computer. If Remote Desktop window is restored, then works F11 on local computer. It depends on Remote Desktop, and QM cannot change the behavior.
Thanks for the reply, Gintaras. With that information in hand, I did some testing. I was looking to see the effects of full-screen and restored modes on Remote Desktop and I tested with two different macros, each with its own function key trigger. Here's what I found:
  • If you initially invoke the macro while working on something local, it will work from then on in Remote Deskop, regardless of whether it is running in full-screen or restored mode. Interestingly, if you initally invoke Macro1 (by pressing F6 in my case) and it works, then you can initally invoke Macro2 (F7) anywhere and it will also work.
  • If you initially invoke the macro while working in Remote Desktop in restored mode, it will behave exactly like any other local application - the macro will work.
  • If you initially invoke the macro while working in Remote Desktop in full-screen mode, then QM will stop, the Systray icon turns red, and neither that nor any other macros will function from then on.
Here's where I can use some help: How can I trap that error and prevent QM from turning red so that the macros can function when they can? Thanks in advance.
Quote:if you initally invoke Macro1 (by pressing F6 in my case) and it works, then you can initally invoke Macro2 (F7) anywhere and it will also work

F6 macro continues when I activate remote desktop (fullscreen), but I cannot launch F7 macro while remote desktop (fullscreen) is active.
I wish I knew the answer. I tried a couple more experiments. One time, I created new macros but neither worked from fullscreen Remote Desktop. I exitted QM and started it again and this time they both worked, even though they had been initially started in fullscreen Remote Desktop. I don't get it.
Don't know, here triggers never work in fullscreen remote desktop.

I recommend to use a toolbar, attached to the remote desktop window. Place there macros you need in remote desktop.
Toolbar
Trigger !a"Remote Desktop" "TSSHELLWND"     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
Macro926 :mac "Macro926"
Macro927 :mac "Macro927"