Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
key+ Y did not work for me
i need to hold the enter key down. i have tryed

key+ Y
key- Y

and just "key+ Y"

but it did not work
well, that code will just hold down the enter key for 99999999999 seconds. did you want it to put a bunch of carriage returns?
i dont want to doing this
<<<<<<
rep 999999999999
key Y
>>>>>>
that uses to much cpu i just want to hold the enter key down but i cant get anything to work :?:
well i think it in holding it down for me...how can you tell that it isn't working?
do it in a Notepad
are you looking for it to put a bunch of blank lines in a doc as if you were holding down the enter key?

Code:
Copy      Help
key+ Y
key- Y
works for me but I'm not sure that we have the same definition of "works".
all that doz for me is enter one time
thats because the repetative enters (carriage returns) that come from doing it manually comes from the keyboad not the os. to get a bunch of crs programatically do this
Code:
Copy      Help
rep
,'Y
this will put in infinite crs (very dangerous if dialog boxes happen to show up Confusedhock:
if you put a number after the rep it will only do it so many times.
rep
,'Y
,key+ Y
,key- Y
are you sure you want QM to hold down the enter key for 317 years?
ok that works but it uses 100% of the cpu same azz the

<<<<<<<
rep 9999999999
key Y
>>>>>>>

i need something that doz not uses 100% cpu
Maybe macro speed is too high. Use spe or wait command. Default speed for macros can be set in Options, and initially is 100 (waits 100 ms after key commands). If macro speed is not too high (eg 100), then CPU usage depends mosly on target app, but not QM.

Code:
Copy      Help
spe 200
rep 1000
,key Y
let's try it from a different angle.
what are you trying to do with a 10 billion line document?
if i want the macro to wait until something pops up to click on it how do i do that with the new 2.1.4 qm.... like wait until a message window pops up to click the ok or cancel button, so it doesnt click on something else?
Use "wait for window" action. Floating toolbar -> Wait -> Wait for window active. Folowing example waits for "Font" window and then presses Enter:

Code:
Copy      Help
[color=blue]wait [/color]0 "Font"
[color=blue]key [/color]Y
what new features are in 2.1.4 that other versions didnt have
try here...
http://www.quickmacros.com/history.html
http://www.quickmacros.com/history.html
how would i make a macro that if someone was sitting at a table such as party poker, if the tables full when the person gets up that it will point directly on the first open seat and click on it??
This should be new topic.
I recorded a macro to enter some info into our client managent software, which works great.

I tried using WP12's "Add program" feature to place the macro on the toolbar. When clicking this button, the macro does not run, even if the QM is open in the background, however if QM is open in the foreground, the macro will run smoothly.

Forgive me if I posted this question in the wrong area, but is there away for this to work? I ask because I can get every other piece of software we use, both popular titles and custom, to work on the WP12 toolbar, but not this particular one.

Any suggestions?
If you can see and modify the WP12's tollbar's button's program's path, what it is?

It should be something like

"c:\program files\quick macros 2\qmcl.exe" M "Macro Name"

Alternatively, you can create a QM toolbar with such button, and assign the toolbar to the WP12 window.
Gintaras Wrote:If you can see and modify the WP12's tollbar's button's program's path, what it is?

It should be something like

"c:\program files\quick macros 2\qmcl.exe" M "Macro Name"

Alternatively, you can create a QM toolbar with such button, and assign the toolbar to the WP12 window.

the program path was just as you described above "c:\program files\quick macros 2\qmcl.exe" M "Copy Into CM.qml"

after making sure the button itself had that info in it, i tested it, the hourglass popped up, but it did nothing else.

I'll try making the QM toolbar next and see how that goes, love this program by the way, just love it Smile
Are you sure that WP12 is able to launch programs with command line parameters? Or, maybe it does not support "?

Try without ":

c:\program files\quick macros 2\qmcl.exe M "Macro45"

Or, go through a shortcut.

But QM toolbar probably is best solution, because then the macro will start without any delay. You can place the toolbar so that it would look like part of WP12's toolbar (you can right-click it and remove border). I use QM toolbars to "add" or "extend" toolbars in many windows. Somewhere, I place QM toolbars over unuseful buttons, this way "replacing" them. Or, if QM toolbar contains many items, I set "auto-shrink" style.
interesting, the toolbar won't work either. it only works if I run it from the editor.

I'm 90% sure WP12 can use command lines, when you add a button to that toolbar, it gives both a "working directory" and a "Command Line" area.......

I found it really odd that after creating the QM toolbar that the macro still didn't work.

Heheh, but it does work perfectly from the editor.

**EDIT*** My apologies, I did not notice I had been putting the .qml extension on the macro name in the command line. I removed it and it works perfectly now FROM the WP12 toolbar's own button

Awesome.... thanks again for your help
In QM toolbar, button would be:

Code:
Copy      Help
Macro45 [color=red]:[/color][color=blue]mac [/color]"Macro45"