Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input field combined with button is out of control in IE
Greetings!
i have a hard time to make qm working with one rear html-element that is input field combined with a button on the internet page. it is used for file name finding and filling it in as an input.
the element looks like this: http://rus-sky.com/temp/SH_001.gif
when i use "find html element" menu command, it only gets selected both objects together. and then if there SetText action used, qm stops with error 0x800A0258

Please give me an advise on how to enter the text into this weird element.
Thanks,
-vlad
Try to set focus (el.SetFocus) and then use key. Or set focus to some other element and Tab to the text field. Or use the Find Image dialog to click it...
i played with focus and tab back and forth, again and again, used wait states between everything but could not get consistency. sometimes the input field fills in, sometimes qm does not tab ones.
i now tried "find image" dialog and could not find any image on the page. it only finds whole page.
Quote:i now tried "find image" dialog and could not find any image on the page. it only finds whole page.

It works for me. Using the Find Image dialog capture screen part like the image below. The dialog inserts scan function. Then just add lef and it will click the edit field and set focus.

Code:
Copy      Help
scan "Macro539.bmp" 0 0 0x3
lef

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Gintaras!
it works for me too. i just did not know an idea of "find image". thought that it finds element on the screen and captures it as image.
i noticed that lef clicks on the right-bottom corner of the image. in some cases it is some inconvenient.
anyway, it works great.