Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
toolbars
why is it if i set style flags for the toolbar the toolbar doesn't follow the owner window if i resize it?
Post code please.
Code:
Copy      Help
;/mov0 318 431 /siz 144 25 /set 1|4|32 /transp "" b
no i mean the code your using the call the toolbar mac ""
!a"- Notepad" "Notepad"
it's just triggered been trying it with all kinds of windows same result
you have to call the toolbar with mac and pass the hwnd of the window you want to own it, to it.
no sir that does exactly the same thing
Function ( Function44 )
Code:
Copy      Help
int hwnd=win("Quick Macros")
mac("toolbar" hwnd)
i understand exactly what u are saying but that doesn't do anything different than using a trigger
you have to call the toolbar from another macro/function you cannot use a trigger on the toolbar it self, if your wanting to hook it to another window.
i have been doing it without calling it from a macro fine and it's following the window just fine only when i set flags on it does it not move with the window and even callin it from a macro it doesn't move if i make the window small
I see what your talking about now this would fall under PP right ?? ya I know just WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. Confusedhock: your going to have to figure that one out on your own man.
if i just move the window yes it follows it but if i resize the window it doesn't follow it
You will have to write your own hook function something that moves your toolbar depending on the size of your window. You will have to do math and % of owner window.
now here is the funny thing.if i out no info and no flags it will move with it when i resize it
it's something having 2 do with the style flags
http://www.quickmacros.com/help/QM_Help/...TIONS.html
Because when using these flags the toolbar follows the top-left corner of the window. To make it follow another corner, add one of flags 0x100-0x400. Coordinates (mov) also will be relative to that corner, towards to center.
ok got ya ty can u explain a little better how this code works i am trying 2 keep the toolbar from moving
/mov {GetWinXY val(_command) 0 0 _i; ret 0.1*_i} 0
Gets width of owner window and multiplies by 0.1. The result is used with mov, and the toolbar always starts at 0.1 of owner window width.
Now how can u keep the toolbar in the same position on a window that when u resize it everything on the window resizes.the toolbar itself does move when i resize but it doesn't quite stay in the same position
Replace

ret 0.1*_i

to

ret _i-10

Here 10 is toolbar distance from window right edge. Change it to what you need.
ok having some trouble with this 1

how can i integrate that with this code
/mov 3 161 /set 1|4|0x300