Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Key being pressed
im trying to make a "network keyboard" a keyboard macro that will get any key i press and send it to pc2 using "net"

i need to get what key is being pressed on pc1 and send that in a str to pc2 i could use key triggers example("a 0x1" ) for every key but if there was a way to get what key is being pressed in order to pass that key to pc2 would be nice.
This also could be used to spy passwords etc.
yes i didnt even think of it like that, like a key logger or something........

i have already made a network mouse.

Quote:MouseMove_PC1:
Code:
Copy      Help
int x
int y
int x1
int y1
;top
x=xm
y=ym
if x=x1 and y=y1
else
,x1=xm
,y1=ym
,x=x1
,y=y1
,net PC2 "" "MouseMove_PC2" 0 x y
goto top

MouseMove_PC2
Code:
Copy      Help
function int'x int'y
mou x y

Quote:MouseLeft_PC1: Trigger "#L 0x8"
Code:
Copy      Help
net PC2 "" "MouseAct_PC2" 0 1
rep
,ifk- (1)
,,net PC2 "" "MouseAct_PC2" 0 2
,,break

MouseRight_PC1: "#R"
Code:
Copy      Help
net PC2 "" "MouseAct_PC2" 0 3

MouseAct_PC2:
Code:
Copy      Help
function int'du
if du=1
,lef+
if du=2
,lef-
if du=3
,rig

i guess i will just have to figure the keyboard out on my own :lol: i understand if you cant help on this.
John,

I'm not trying to pry or sound like I doubt your explanation -- I'm genuinely interested remote access. I have a couple of single-purpose, non-critical computers in a machine room (rec studio) that don't need reg. access, but I would like to be able to cycle power or have them push out results of a process. Your post got me planning how to do thatusing QM.

That finite/specific stuff is relatively simple to do via task-specific macs and triggers and return values, so there's no need to drop the big bucks on Avocent network and/or wireless KVMs (as I had to do for access to a critical remote file server, the wireless one for pure laziness).

Q. What kind of things are you doing/hope to do on a remote computer using your network mouse or proposed keyboard without actually seeing what you are doing or pointing at on screen? Doing anything interesting to overcome this?

Thanks,

Steve
well the only reason for the remote mouse is im lazy and dont want to use the mouse on my other computer (workpc) i would rather use my laptop touchpad to control the mouse on that pc keep in mind that (workpc) is sitting right next to me so i can see the monitor to it.

I will be posting all the code for the remote mouse soon in *MY QM*. As fair as the remote keyboard I really dont know if i will post that part i will ask the site admin first before doing so, if at all, But the keyboard will be the same thing as the mouse it will monitor the keyboard on PC1 and send the key strokes to PC2 and work just like the remote mouse.

if you are wanting to have remote access to a computer and see what it is you are doing on that computer you should try something like VNC google it you should be able to find some INFO on it. its something like pc anywhere but its free the only problem with it is you must have a static IP, Im not sure if it will work over a network i have never tried that.

KVM Switches are not that much if your not doing it over cat5, just saw a (4 Ports VGA PS2 Keyboard Mouse KVM Switch Box) sell on ebay for 5$ lol.
but who wouldnt want to have (Avocent LONGVIEW WIRELESS KVM EXTENDER ( LV3500W-AM ) just sold for 670$USD :roll:
Yeah, that makes it a lot more usable when they are right next to each other! Longview (and cost) is something I know well. How I drool at $5 KVMs, but alas, cat-5 is what I need. Amazing, the difference in price, eh?

I would be conservative about posting that as well. Like I said, not so useful for legit purposes if you cant see what you're doing. Then, dedicated routines via macro/returns make much more sense (which is what I'm working on next...).

BTW, the wired longview work great, don't bother with the wireless - vastly degraded video, random sluggish response etc., even in close proximity.

Code:
Copy      Help
I will be posting all the code for the remote mouse soon in *MY QM*.
Forgive my ignorance...what is this?

Best,

Steve
Did you look into VNC ? I think you may like it I did some testing yesterday, and you can use it over a network its very fast and doesnt look half bad if you get your settings right.
dupe post deleted
Re: VNC, just did a quick look, and sounds like a promising solution. There are lots of sites with own versions of VNC-- is there a particular one that I should try/that is from a respected source and known to be secure? Given the nature of the control and access, a not-so-trusted source could wreak some serious havoc with just a few lines of code...

Re. My QM, I got it (post from the My QM folder)
...thought you were talking about posting to something called My QM (like a online contributed script snippet repository - which I think would be a great resource for functions/routines and learning).
They have a free edition you can try it out and see how you like it.

I have enterprise edition but the personal edition is just as good for a user.

VNC Personal Edition for Windows (License Key)
USD 30.00
Code:
Copy      Help
http://www.realvnc.com/what.html
i prefer ultravnc.
UltraVNC 1.0.2 (stable)
pi