Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
find
hey guys i need to right a file to find a certain thing in a list and then click it...please help me
how old are you ?
why does that matter?
when you ask a question you need to be a little more specific on what it is you are trying to do, im not trying to be rude but when you post something like this it makes me wonder.
i dont know how to better explain it...i need to write a macro that when it is triggered looks through something untill it finds the specified number...for exaple i have a list of numbers and i need it to look throught the list untill it finds 4070032...then highlight it or click it

but there are thousands of numbers

plz help Smile
so a table finder like in UPC for Party Poker right ?
http://www.quickmacros.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=602
never heard of upc and party p but i have a freind who sent me an example and it was called upc? is party p and upc in quick macros help section if so can someone send me link...the upc looked through tables on empire poker till it found a certain one...he showed me on a webcam and it worked exactly like i wanted but i need tow rite the file to find a number on a database in excel...is upc helpful?
i understand i cant use qm for games but i dont play games this is related to excel and i need it to find the number in excel...

are party poker table #s and have nothing to do with excel, and no UPC will not help you with anything to do with excel
yeah i know that...thats what was in the upc...i need it to do the same but for my excel numbers...i said those were an example givin to me by my freind...is it possible to do the same that does but for excel?
if you are really needing to find something in excel here is the hot key for that.

Find (Ctrl+F) - Finds a word or phrase

more hot key help for excel:
Code:
Copy      Help
http://www.complus.co.nz/hotexcel.php
ok thank you very much that helped a lot...later on i mite be needing help on sumtin else but ill ask then

didnt know the ctrl f worked in excel lol

thanks
would u know how to rite a macro to find something in a list of numbers in notepad forsay?
why is everyone so up in the air about partygaming? the rules stat! that no help will be given for gaming questions , i didn't see anything in qmr55's question at all about gaming!

i mean give me a break! yes i write files for games , but when i ask a question i have to be very careful not to mention anything about the taboo subject of gaming! guys get a clue , 90% of the questions asked in the forum are about writing macros for games of some sort or another! and yes if someone says i need to write a chipper file for party poker , well bust his balls , but if they don't say it's for a game either anserw his question or let it go! jeeze!!!
I can't speak for anyone else here but since you brought it up, here's why I don't deal with PP questions (note how the objector, in his defense about how PP people asking questions aren't "beligerant, demanding, and insulting", is actually being belligerent, demanding, and insulting)...not to say that that has anything to do with me not chiming in on this particular topic; i just don't have time right now to get into it.

note how the objector becomes increasingly more belligerent as the conversation continues....and this guy wasn't ever why i stopped in the first place.
Mouse Macro HELP
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
ken , you are correct on all accounts , all i was saying is , some folks like to witch hunt macro writers that write for gaming , yes i write alot of files for gaming and for other stuff , i do belive i myself have ever been demanding or rude, and am sorry for the one's who have! but , alas , many people have the ablity to act like jackasses , i will not be one of them , i have ran many forums , it has always been my belive that , help is volentary , no one owe's me anything , as do i not owe anyone! it's give and take , just wish we could come togather as writers and not read into others!!! thanks for you insight!
meanmuggin Wrote:ken , you are correct on all accounts , all i was saying is , some folks like to witch hunt macro writers that write for gaming , yes i write alot of files for gaming and for other stuff , i do belive i myself have never been demanding or rude, and am sorry for the one's who have! but , alas , many people have the ablity to act like jackasses , i will not be one of them , i have ran many forums , it has always been my belive that , help is volentary , no one owe's me anything , as do i not owe anyone! it's give and take , just wish we could come togather as writers and not read into others!!! thanks for you insight!
as an aside, i plan on covering 'find' in a 'QM Quickling' on my blog this week....
http://www.TheMacroHook.blogspot.com
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
to 'meanmuggin'
i tried to provide help the best way i could to qmr55, and as i stated in one of my posts here i wasnt trying to be rude just trying to see where this person was going with his questions.

its not to hard to see when someone is asking about a PP subject, because about 95% of the time (just pulled that out of the air lol) the person asking the question has no idea how to program in any language or for that matter really wants to learn how to, they just want to have the code made for them by someone on this forum. i know im far from being an expert on QM but im here to learn, and to help as i can.

to 'ken'
i couldnt agree with you more, if members of this forum who are looking for help with PP would be a little more nice they may get the help they are looking for.

to 'anyone'
just a tip from me to anyone new to progamming or QM if you are wanting to learn, when you ask your questions be specific i know it can be hard sometimes when you dont know a lot about this software but atleast give us an idea of what you are trying to do. AND DONT FORGET THAT THE QM! HELP FILE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND ALONG WITH GOOGLE
Along with Ken and JOHN_, I too tried to help qmr55, and I myself do not wish to be affiliated with Party p. Qmr55 had even sent me a private PM to try and get me to help him with a subject (that is related to Party p) that no one else would, just because I answered his previous question(which now I regret because it probably is associated with Party p). Also, like JOHN_ had stated previously, I too am no expert at QM, and would love to learn more and more at this forum, but for all you people asking questions associated with Party p, Quick Macros was not created to cheat at games with, it was created to do simple or some complex tasks on a computer, that otherwise by hand might take much longer, so you can't say we are not treating you fairly when no one answers your questions about gaming. So ending on that note, all you Party p people, I have no business what you do in your own time, but rather then just wasting time on this forum asking questions about Party p, maybe you should look into QM a little more rather then pestering this forum with Gaming questions (just because your too lazy to go all-in or just click a button). So please do not PM me anything relating to Party p. Thank you
thanks for all of your points of view! their are many sides to this fence i see! rest assured , this program is the bomb! regardless , it can and will be used for many things! one point i would like to make and this is not an argument just my point on the subject! no macro on this earth can change the cards being dealt! as one has stated , i myself use macros to perform tasks that are easier for macros to perform than by hand! i have read it posted many thimes that macros makes an unfair advantage on gaming , i have not seen that advantage! everything i write can be done by hand at a much slower pace , but still can be done without the macro , so , i guess we are not that much diffrent!!! peace mean!!!

oh and by the way , i have not asked anyone to write a macro for me , i simply ask how to go about using diffrent functions and such! and your right a little time reading qm help goes along way! it's better to learn it than to have it done for you!!!