Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toolbar Properties - Position/Size - Ini File
From email:
Quote:I wonder whether there exists additional information regarding the above issues. The screen "Toolbar Properties" is not well understood (for example FT - C etc.). What is the difference (advantages/disadvantages) between using the registry agains an ini file. Could an ini file store information of all toolbars in QM? What does it mean "reset"? Why several times the toolbars position is changed incidentally?

> I wonder whether there exists additional information regarding the above issues.

No, only what you can read when you press F1 in toolbar properties.

> The screen "Toolbar Properties" is not well understood (for example FT - C etc.).

If FT unchecked, these settings are applied every time the toolbar is shown. If checked, these settings are applied only first time the toolbar is shown on a computer/user, and also after you click menu Tools -> Toolbars -> Reset.

> What does it mean "reset"

Reset deletes toolbar's settings in the registry, like the toolbar was never shown on this computer/user.

C - populate the field using current position, size etc of the toolbar.

> What is the difference (advantages/disadvantages) between using the registry agains an ini file.

Usually there is no difference, but sometimes it is useful to store settings in an ini file. This was a suggestion of a QM user, don't remember the reason. I also used this in some projects, now don't remember why.

> Could an ini file store information of all toolbars in QM?

Yes, you can choose the same ini file in Properties for each toolbar.

> Why several times the toolbars position is changed incidentally?

Don't know, for me it never happens, but it is possible.