Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SetFile.
hi G. i ran into a problem and im stuck. here is my code.

Code:
Copy      Help
int w1;err
w1=win("Instant Message");err
act w1;err
rep 1
,if(IsWindowVisible(w1))
,,act id(225 w1)
,,outp ",,l,, Mass This ,,l,,"
,,act id(588 w1)
,,but+ id(588 w1)
,,str s.getwintext(id(0 "Instant Message"));s.setfile("C:\Documents and Settings\Cynthia Thomas\Desktop\BPicture's\Massers\Masses.txt")
,,clo w1

Everything works good but it doesnt add the text to the notepad. please help me im stupid! i know its a silly error or somthing thats right in front of my face Smile)
[/code]
Smile 8)
are you sure "s" has anything assigned to it?
do an "out s" right before the setfile command to check it has a value.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
ken gray Wrote:are you sure "s" has anything assigned to it?
do an "out s" right before the setfile command to check it has a value.
that is he exact code that i used. and the text where your friend talks to you in where you read it that is the id and window. i tried making it like s= 123test321 and it stored it into the notepad. but idk why it doesnt work that way.
Smile 8)
sounds like it's not getting the info you think it's getting from the window.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
ken gray Wrote:sounds like it's not getting the info you think it's getting from the window.
ill try a different approch. but i just ran into another problem Big Grin if you could give me an example using notepad that would be great lol.
im trying to get only part of a windows name and having troubles. been reading in str, val, and ARRAYs. but i cant find anything.
> i want to get just part of window name. example is if window was: "Notepad 1234" i just want to get the #s using getwintext.

thanks Ken your the best! lol always fast to help me out.
Smile 8)