Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help I am new at writting macros
How would I write a simple macro that would start aol.com and then hit enter so that I automatically go into my aol home page. Normally all I need to do is hit the aol icon with the mouse and then when the sign on screen comes on I just have to hit enter as the name and password are already there

thanks

fred
drag the file that you use to start the aol program onto the editor (this puts in a line that is something like this
Code:
Copy      Help
run "c:\program files\aol\aol.exe"
;will wait for 5 seconds
;hits the enter key
'Y
thank you that works very well. Is there any way to have the macro program be included in the macro so that the macro program starts up. The issue is that now when I am in wordperfect, and I hit the
F9 key I go into aol.

So can I program it so the macro program starts with the macro or does the macro program have to be running in the background?

thanks

fred :?:
well, there are two different items going on. the qm program and the macro. qm has to be going in order for it to pick up a trigger (it sits in your systray and has a low overhead). you can set that macro to go off each time you hit the F9 by putting "F9" in the trigger window; then it would go off each time you hit the F9.
Normally, QM runs all the time (watches keys pressed, etc), but QM window is hidden.

If you want to make the macro to run in all programs except wordperfect, do the following. In Properties, select "Not", and specify program's name, eg WORDPERFECT. You can see program's name in QM status bar while the mouse pointer is over its window.