Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to find Window handle (Hwnd) of Firefox extension window
I need to use handle of the firefox toolbar window for renedering a UI generated using C++ code. Is it possible to retrieve window handle of the firefox toolbar or any other firefox extension ?
To get handle of any top-level or child window, use "Find window or control" dialog. FF toolbars are not windows and you cannot get handle. But they are accessible objects, and you can get IAccessible interface.
Gintaras Wrote:To get handle of any top-level or child window, use "Find window or control" dialog. FF toolbars are not windows and you cannot get handle. But they are accessible objects, and you can get IAccessible interface.

Ok, if I understood your point correctly, the toolbar XUL Window, which contains toolbar elements like toolbar buttons, and other XUL elements, is not a separate Window whose handle can be retrieved. Also, it is available as object using IAccessible interface.

Is there any way using which I can use the existing VC++ code for renedering UI in XUL window and handle its events ? Or I would be required to write that in XUL/JS and XPCOM only ?
I don't know. Not familiar with XUL. Also I don't say that ALL these toolbars are not windows. Try to find it using "Find Window or control' dialog or "Explore Windows" dialog.