The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call QM programmaticallly from other programs
Is it possible to call QM from other programs and batch files? QM is kind of an "object" that has lots of capabilities, so I would like to call it from other programs as if it was a QM "service."

One way I'd like to use it is from a batch file, where I would call it like any other program:

rem call qm from a DOS .BAT file
  quickmacros -macroname my-macro-name1

Another way is to call it from Basic as a COM object, using the GetObject call. I'm really interested in this one!

sub main
   Dim qm as object
   set qm = GetObject(, "quickmacros.application")
   qm.Run ("my-macro-name-1")
   set qm = nothing
 end sub

A third way would be to reference a quick macros DLL from a Visual Studio project, Excel sheet, Word macro, ... etc.

Is any of this possible, or does QM have to be the top-level boss program that initiates all macros on the basis of user inputs or windows/OS triggers?  Thank you.

I'm just getting started on reading the doc and watching the youtube videos, so please forgive me if the answer is somewhere deeper in the documentation. I haven't seen mention of it so far. Thank you

Messages In This Thread
Call QM programmaticallly from other programs - by kkkwj - 03-07-2018, 06:16 PM