Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUNNING DIFFERENT FUNCTIONS IN MULTIPLE WINDOWS
HI IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND HAVNT SEEN ANYTHING POSTED ABOUT THIS YET BUT IS THERE A WAY I CAN RUN 2 DIFFERENT FUNCTIONS IN 2 SEPARATE WINDOWS WITH THE SAME NAME WITHOUT THEM CROSSING OVER I HAVE MADE TOOLBARS THAT OPEN ON THE WINDOWS AND TRIED RUNNING THE FUNCTIONS FROM THE TOOLBAR WITCH WORKS FOR LIKE 5SECONDS AND THEN THEY START MESSING UP AND IT RUNS THE SAME FUNCTION ON BOTH WINDOWS SO MAYBE IF THERES A WAY TO MAKE IT RUN ONLY IN WINDOW IT WAS STARTED FROM I DONT KNOW THE CODE FOR THIS AND WOULD APRICIATE ANY HELP SORRY IF IM IN THE WRONG SETION OR THIS HAS ALLREADY BEEN POSTED
I've neer tried this but maybe if you assign them specific windows to work in?

Code:
Copy      Help
lef 10 10 "Quick Macros"
Taking on Quick Macros one day at a time
iv assigned the toolbars they run of to certain wiindows but i have multiple windows of the same name that i want to run diff functions on a toolbar pops-up on each window even though they have same name i just wondering if theres anyway to make the functions i run from toolbar only act on the window that the toolbar it is attached to and not all windows visable or active
Could you post your code? It would probably be much easier to help, and to get a better idea of what you need and what you have.
i think iv done it now thanks anyway i looked up window handel in qm help and i think its all solved
lXlXlXlXlXlXl Wrote:i think iv done it now thanks anyway i looked up window handel in qm help and i think its all solved

no still no working this is realy annoying

iv got 1 toolbar that comes up when i open a instance of microsoft word then if i open another instance of this the same toolbar will appear

i have several option on this toolbar and i usualy run different ones at the same time i.e open clipart and search word whilst one is typing repeatative parts of reply e-mails both on seperate windows with the same name it works for a few seconds then it starts typing the e-mails on the page where its searching through clipart

so if theres a way to make the functions only run in the windows that the toolbar they was started from are attached to

Maybe if you try naming the windows as they open.

Example:

Macro ( Macro )
Code:
Copy      Help
str s="Window 1"
s.setwintext(win("Quick Macros"))
act s

Now the first window will be considered "Window 1".

I have no idea if this will be of any help but this is all i can think of, if you say the rest isn't working.
JUST INT A VARIABLE AND SET VARIBLE TO = THAT WINDOW

code:

int w1
w1=win("name of window u using")
act w1
hid w1
hid- w1

then rest of code
make sure change all the names of rest of code to w1 instead the name of the window u r using
use
setprop
getprop
yea, what crip said works
but how do you use getprop and setprop