Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some help about toolbar
Glad to join this forum, and this is my first post here. Big Grin

I'm wondering if QM toolbar elements can handle the select item in a program/window? I mean like what TC do(I drag VLC to the TC's toolbar and set the parameters to %P%N, then I select a media file and click the VLC icon, It can play the selected video)

I use utorrent, I tried to set the download speed to 1Mb.
what I do is....
create a toolbar and set trigger to utorrent;
create a macro, using click menu to open the property dialog;
using accessible object actions to get the download speed limit input, and set the value to 1000.

But it doesn't work, I guess QM toolbar can't get the selected torrent and click menu in this way.
So Am I missing something? I tried to search the help manual but can't find it.

Thx in adv Rolleyes  .
And sorry for my English.
Best regards.
> I'm wondering if QM toolbar elements can handle the select item in a program/window?

It depends on item type, and what info you want to get from it. If it is a file in a folder window and you want to get file path, it is possible. If it is an accessible object in some other window, you can see in the "Find accessible object" dialog all texts you can get from it.

example
Toolbar Toolbar2
Trigger !a"" "CabinetWClass"     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
Test :sub.Test

#sub Test m

;get file name
Acc a.FromFocus
str name=a.Name
out name

;get full path
int w=GetToolbarOwner(TriggerWindow)
Acc a1.Find(w "WINDOW" "Address: *" "class=ToolbarWindow32[]id=1001" 0x1005) ;;tested only on Windows 10
str folder=a1.Name; folder.remove(0 9)
out folder
str path.from(folder "\" name)
out path
Thanks Gintaras!!
But you misunderstood me, I think that's just I didn't make things clear, sorry.

What I need is...(or how can I do this?)
  • When I drag VLC to toolbar, select a video and click the VLC icon. Then VLC play that video.
  • How can I open the selected item's property dialog of UTorrent with a macro in toolbar?   I know sometimes I can do this by sending a Alt+Enter shortcut in windows explorer, but what about when there is no shortcut for that action. I tried to use the click menu option, but it can't open the selected torrent's property dialog.
> ... select a video ...

If want to play a file selected it in a folder window, my code gets file path. Need just to add one line of code to run VLC with the path as command line.

run "$program files$\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" F"''{path}''"

> How can I open the selected item's property dialog of UTorrent  ...
How do you open it manually? Try to record. Try accessible object functions.