Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Automate process in Navision.
we have about 200 invoices (standard excel templets) which needs to be updated in Navision (version 5, Microsoft dynamics NAV). navision is in citrix environment and quick macros is installed in desktop environment how do i automate using Quick macros.

1. if a record is not found how can trigger it to go to the next record.

2.how do loop through to pick up all the invoices in the folder and execute.

or please if any experts can provide phone number so that i can explain better.

Uday
From my experience with Citrix Environment: not great options - i.e. can't perform actions on window child objects within the Citrix App windows (class = "Transparent Windows Client"). However can do the following:

Record actions and then intermix those with code blocks for logic e.g.

Macro Macro264
Code:
Copy      Help
;---- Recorded 11/1/2015 2:42:53 PM ----
int w=act(win("\\Remote" "Transparent Windows Client"))
lef 1694 174 w 1 ;;
key "12345"        ;;
lef 1876 321 w 1 ;;
lef 1842 315 w 1 ;;
;---------------------------------------

With this you can click on places you would manually click to do your task and also key in characters into fields. The problem is that everything has to be in exactly the same place every time. There are times this occurs or ways to arrange this - sometimes very easy and effective (especially if automating the task for yourself on the same PC/Monitor setup) - but sometimes very painstaking. If there are popup dialogs, they may not always be sized the same and their fields may be in different locations. Somtimes, when this is the case, tabbing/arrowing between fields and through menu's will get the cursor to the right field and button reliably and reproducibly to the same button or field - just one of the many tricks necessary.
e.g.

key 'TTTTrY - 4 tabs, key r, then hit return

'AfDDDRDDY - activate file menu and then navigate to third item of the main menu and then select it's 3nd submenu item then hit return)

But if there is a lot of logic - i.e. if this record is present do this, else do that - then it is hard to assess the state on the screen and analyze output since it's really transparent to the locally running QM. If there is any file saving steps within the Citrix App that you can drive and then check a file location (either network or local - i.e. Citrix can see local file directories in my experience) - then you can use that as a clue.

A more likely useful option is using QM "Find image,wait" functions under the 'Windows,controls' icon of the QM floating toolbar.
With this you can scan for certain images to show up on the screen in the Citrix window and do actions based on that (e.g. move mouse to that location - or appropriate offset - and then give mouse click or key characters, hit return, etc.

Likely something you won't be able to do is install QM (or QM generated executable in the Citrix environment) - then everything 'should' work but this is theoretical on my part.

Anyone else with same/different experience with QM and Citrix or other VM environments? Would love to hear?

S