Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-piracy software.....QM Padlockl
I would like to invite Gintaras to come up with a QM sets of macros to:

produce a competitive priced software (say under $40) to compete against US based anti-piracy for
digital products like ebooks .
(a) ExeShield Standard($79) and Pro version($175)..............................it has a video
(b) ElectronicDeadBolt ($145) and optional $50/yr maintenance
© SoftLocker.net ($12.50/month)
(d) ShareGuard($175)
(e) ExeStealth (f) Lock-It-Now (g) Virtual Vault
(h) Quick License Manager
(i) Serial Key Generator 3 ($14) producing 65,000 key codes requires linking codes to match Generated key
from a given User ID

(j)PElocks ($89)....(from Poland)
(k)Digilox ($50)....limited to pdf files only(from India)

My daughter and I have an ebook to sell in EXE format but it requires some security guard protector. Presently our ebook version
is password protected with one to decrypt it and one to open it. The problem is this can be shared fast.

Solution: Since each IP address to a PC is uniquely different(hard drive) then this is the preferred choice. Of course some people
even have their IP hidden thru stealth software but those are only a few to deal.

How about coming up with your own version of QM Padlock?

If you have one that you can work or share or I can buy and use please let me know as I am very interested. Maybe this could be another
good business venture. I may even help you with the ads here in the U.S. Please email me for your helping hand.

Regards,

Josh
of California
For your information, some broadband users ip are dynamic ips. So basically limit a specific ip to the use the application isnt such a good idea. Confusedhock:

The best solution so far that I found on the internet points locking application to specific hard drive serial no. :o

But all things consider, not all applications can use such method.

For example, some applications use online activation or checking, for example one user id and password is limited to one single computer use at anytime. ComputerA login to this applicationA successfully using id_A and password_A, ComputerB login try using this same id and password to login to applicationA, online server check and allow it to login successfully but after it has logout the computerA applicationA first. This method requires an active connected broadband all the time to computers. If broadband go offline, this applicationA cant be use at all. Sad

For all licensing methods, you have to choose the best method suited for your own applications. Big Grin
You might want to look into Kindle and Nook for electronic distribution.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Thank you newuser and Ken Gray for your feedbacks.

Initially my ebook project started using the FastEbook compiler in 2008.
It has security included such as passwords, number of days allowed before expiration date or number of times allowed
to open. Other options included the reader sending back his User ID and in return gets his registration key(using key
generator program within the compiler). That version was my ebook first version. Later on in later part of 2010, my daughter
and I acquired the Desktop Publisher software good for its 3D page flipping property and minimum
memory use. It produces both the EXE version and the DNL version. The DNL versions (available for Windows and MAC
platforms) have their own DNL DRM security method from the Desktop Author for an hefty price. My intent is to get an
affordable security keys generation for the EXE version.Thus my search continue for a compatible but affordable and
highly competitive solutions. I shall unravel my ebook and my website once I have accomplished
this goal and share it.

To all QM users and masters who come to their aids I am grateful and for that I shall compliment each of you with my ebook.
Hope our master G will come out with a QM Padlock soon.
While we are waiting for Gintaras rescue,
here is something for Ken Gray and the rest,

Do we have a one line QM macro(macro of macros) to get IP address and as taken from coming emails?

Thanks,

Josh
of California
I have not heard any updates from our other QM experts. In the meanwhile these are my
other spectacular finds which maybe useful for everybody.

ShareGuard (bundled with 7+ softwares) $45.00
Colocks ($45 for 100 registration keys and $97 for 1000 registration keys......a copy protection software).

Please give me your take on these that any of you can share.

Regards,

Josh
of California
I just do a initial google on both products.

Shareguard got its own website, and the latest version from its website state its 4.1 but thats in 2008.

As for Colocks, I couldn't find its own website.

Another option would be IntelliProtector its an online activation service. You can subscribe for free and have 7 free activation per month(good for testing purposes). If it work flawlessly, you can always subscribe to its subscription plans.
One thing good about this, is you dont have to setup your own server.

Another option would be Enigma Online Solution, there wasn't much info on what it do since it havent been release yet, but you can always email the author about it. Or you can try its offline product, enigma protector.

Another option would be Obsidium, and the list would go on. Always try or test out first, especially its product support team/contact.

I remember one product, which I bought first, before I fully try out, when I contact its product support team just because I dont know how to use it, it all goes down to extra service which I have to pay for it. Sad
Newuser ,

Thanks for your helping hand and feedback. It is a joy learning and sharing a few more from team members like you.

To date we have not heard from our great master Gintaras. I know he has his own way (just like selling his own QM software) but is he willing to help or sell it to me ? Only time will tell.

To all,

I meant to say Colock not Colocks.(...my sincere apologies).

Josh
of California
To all readers of this section:

I am grateful to all who participated and offered assistance in one way or another. To those who tried but were
shy to release their comments.....I do understand.

When In my sorting out of softwares, I decided to get the Colock but then the shortcoming was that the offer
did not carry the Paypal option so I narrowed it down to ExeShield (Vista 32 bits...which is acceptable by my standard).
The downfall was if you have a Vista 64bits system then the NET framework V 4.0.30319 has to be properly installed .
The other one, the ShareGuard remains to be tested later , the hindrance though is its intricacies when dealing with the
Vista 64bits. I hope the rest of the community will find these useful when they think of protecting their works (exe files
such as Quick Macros...if your preferences are not using passwords but generated serial keys). I am still hopeful that
someday our guru Gintaras will share his QM padlock solution if that proper time will be made available.

I thank Gintaras for his generosity in my postings. For these then I am inviting all members of the group to send me their
emails so I can reciprocate by sending them the finished product of my legacy works.

Our ebook is entitled " Lightning Math Mastery, Basic Math for the 21st Century" . Visit us on our website:
http://lightningmathmastery.com/ and your email addresses, names thru versary@lightningmathmastery.com.

Regards,

Josh
of California
Keeping my promise with Gintaras............

Today, in the U.S., I have added Gintaras own "http://www.quickmacros.com/ as one of my "sites of knowledges" on my
VIP room. As we will be going international with our ebook sales , his work and his name will be carried as my token of gratitude.

Please see http://lightningmathmastery.com/ and visit the VIP room. You, the reader, may join my Guestroom list.

Thanks,

Josh
of California