Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enumerate files (with text in file)
Is possible modify or add a function to do this?
Use standard enumerating. Get file data. To find text, call find() or other string function...
Thanks.

Is it the same algorithm that windows uses?
Windows may use text indexing. QM calls API function FindFirstFile etc.
Windows can search text in xls files and is faster, "Get file data" no...
findstr.exe do it. Is possible implement in QM?
Maybe. I have some old code that manipulates Windows Indexing Service through COM interfaces. Will post later.
It probably was for WinXP. Does not work now on Win7.
Quote:The findstr.exe command is an external command that is available in the below Microsoft operating systems.

Windows 2000
Windows ME
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7

do you know how it works?
no
Macro Windows Search SQL sample
Code:
Copy      Help
;Shows how to use Windows Search (WS) from QM, using SQL query.
;WS is a Windows component that is used to find files.
;For example, Windows uses it when you type in the search boxes in Start menu and Windows Explorer. You can access and change WS settings from there.
;It is in Vista/7. For XP can be downloaded from Microsoft.

;WS documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff628790%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
;WS SQL reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb231256%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
;Shell properties (System.XXX) reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd561977%28VS.85%29.aspx

;This code is converted from the 'WSFromScript' VBScript sample.
;Also there are other ways to use WS.

out
IDispatch objConnection objRecordSet

objConnection._create("ADODB.Connection")
objRecordSet._create("ADODB.Recordset")

;This is the Windows Search connection string to use
objConnection.Open("Provider=Search.CollatorDSO;Extended Properties='Application=Windows';")

;SQL SELECT statement specifies what properties to return, you can add more if you want
;;;;;FROM - use SystemIndex for a local query or MACHINENAME.SystemIndex for remote
;;;;;WHERE - specify restrictions including SCOPE and other conditions that must be true

;This is a very simple query over the whole index. To add scope restriction append "WHERE SCOPE='file:c:/users'" to the query string.
objRecordSet.Open("SELECT TOP 10 System.ItemPathDisplay, System.ItemTypeText, System.Size FROM SystemIndex" objConnection) ;;display the first 10 indexed files; remove the 'TOP 10' to display all.
;objRecordSet.Open("SELECT System.ItemPathDisplay, System.ItemTypeText, System.Size FROM SystemIndex WHERE SCOPE='file:d:\downloads'" objConnection) ;;search single folder and its subfolders; to skip subfolders, use DIRECTORY instead of SCOPE.
;objRecordSet.Open("SELECT System.ItemPathDisplay, System.ItemTypeText, System.Size FROM SystemIndex WHERE CONTAINS('macro')" objConnection) ;;search all containing word "macro"
;objRecordSet.Open("SELECT System.ItemPathDisplay, System.ItemTypeText, System.Size FROM SystemIndex WHERE CONTAINS(System.Author,'G')" objConnection) ;;search all where author is "G"

objRecordSet.MoveFirst
rep
,if(objRecordSet.EOF) break
,;Access the column values that were specified in the SELECT statement here
,str s1 s2; int i
,s1=objRecordSet.Fields.Item("System.ItemPathDisplay")
,s2=objRecordSet.Fields.Item("System.ItemTypeText")
,i=objRecordSet.Fields.Item("System.Size"); err i=0
,out "'%s'  '%s'  '%i'" s1 s2 i
,objRecordSet.MoveNext
Thanks, but what I'm looking for is to search within any file without indexing previously.
I don't know other functions that would search in files of any format.
I was hoping there was some API or function to do it

Function findstr_files
Code:
Copy      Help
function~ ~substring ~path

str fin
_s.format("findstr.exe /mis ''%s'' ''%s''" substring path)
RunConsole2(_s fin)
ret fin